Browns trade Danny Shelton to the Patriots

49erurtaza

It'd really suck to be a Browns fan. It's like why even bother following the draft when you know the guys you're drafting will be gone in less than 24 months, and why bother watching the games because you know you can't win a game.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I know that. I'm don't think they will trade him. 

They won't trade him probably, but at this point he hasn't shown enough to get locked up past his initial 4 year run, either. Still a couple of years left though. 

John Dorsey really making his mark early isn't he?

This is one of the many things Belichick is good at. Getting decent talent at cheap prices. Got Danny Shelton for literally nothing. If he pans out great, if not, its not like the Pats have lost a huge amount.

18 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

LMAO, is Joe Thomas the only God-damned 1st rounder drafted in the last 15 years to stay with the team for more than 4 years? What a joke.

Next year they'll be trading Garrett for swapping 6th rounders.

Could be traded next lol

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

They won't trade him probably, but at this point he hasn't shown enough to get locked up past his initial 4 year run, either. Still a couple of years left though. 

True. I think the last player the Browns decided to lock up long term was Joe Haden. But then he got traded/cut.

Will be interesting what happens to Coleman. He should be a beast slot WR for them.  

10 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

It'd really suck to be a Browns fan. It's like why even bother following the draft when you know the guys you're drafting will be gone in less than 24 months, and why bother watching the games because you know you can't win a game.

or the Browns finally have a competent GM and FO and are now properly running things. Only one that list that was worth a damn was Alex Mack and he was salty on how his contract situation played out. 

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't even really understand this trade for Cleveland. 

I'll help explain.

1. Shelton is very average. Played well at some points but LARGELY underwhelmed.

2. Larry Ogunjobi outplayed him last year. He's going to be pretty good. 

3. Shelton's 5th year option was not going to get picked up after this year.

4. Shelton was getting disgruntled.

So basically we got a. Future 3rd for a player they didn't really have any plans for anyways.

Just now, pnies20 said:

I'll help explain.

1. Shelton is very average. Played well at some points but LARGELY underwhelmed.

2. Larry Ogunjobi outplayed him last year. He's going to be pretty good. 

3. Shelton's 5th year option was not going to get picked up after this year.

4. Shelton was getting disgruntled.

So basically we got a. Future 3rd for a player they didn't really have any plans for anyways.

Basically moved up about 32 picks, next year.

Archived