Browns trade Danny Shelton to the Patriots

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Da'ron Payne or Vita Vea 4th overall?

There's no telling how this draft plays out with Tyrod in the fold now

Tyrod isnt stopping them from drafting a QB #1 or #4 unless they come to terms with a big contract ext, which I dont see happening

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Da'ron Payne or Vita Vea 4th overall?

There's no telling how this draft plays out with Tyrod in the fold now

Hmm, I doubt the arrival of Taylor changes Cleveland's draft strategy that much. He's not the long-term answer so there's no reason why they shouldn't go for a QB at #1. What happens with pick #4 is still very much up in the air, though. There's lots of different ways we could go with that pick.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

With the Browns, Shelton was playing the under Technique in their 4/3 scheme. He was never playing a NT for williams 

So who played NT? And why is anyone dumb enough to play Shelton as a UT?

Just now, pnies20 said:

I think his point should’ve been more along the lines of “Shelton doesn’t make plays.”

But that isn't a NT's job. His job is to take up blockers to allow the DE or UT or Linebackers to make the plays.

21 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I'm good for sending away some.of our superfluous draft picks for some proven players given where we are at with our team.  I'm not as good with the opposite.

I get the arguments here why it made sense but I'd honestly rather just let Shelton play 1 more year keeping our LBs clean than lose him to swap a 5th this year and get a 3rd next.  It's too marginal.

Especially given what Dorsey is doing.  I'm on record with my misgivings about the Taylor deal, and I think he overpaid to get Landry when MIA was in a barrel - but I can understand his wish to win-now, and re-establish the culture/brand of the team.   Shelton's value may be minimal, but this return is just as, if not more so.    If Ogunjobi goes down....that pick upgrade won't seem nearly as important.   

10 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So who played NT? And why is anyone dumb enough to play Shelton as a UT?

Well Gregg Williams is also the coach who thought Jabrill Peppers was a FS and should be lined up 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage every play. He aslo felt our CBs werent good in press so every single play they were giving 10 yard cushions. Even on 3rd and 4s.....

And our stating DTs were rotating but Shelton did occupy multiple blockers so I think he was a NT.

Just now, ohiogenius said:

Well Gregg Williams is also the coach who thought Jabrill Peppers was a FS and should be lined up 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage every play. He aslo felt our CBs werent good in press so every single play they were giving 10 yard cushions. Even on 3rd and 4s.....

And our stating DTs were rotating but Shelton did occupy multiple blockers so I think he was a NT.

That's what I thought. And that means there really isn't any problem playing him with Ogunjobi. In fact I think it's preferable if you want to be aggressive. Be aggressive with 3 lineman and have 1 to hold some blockers so linebackers are clean and can make plays especially in the run game. If you just throw everyone forward you run defense suffers. 

I didn't like the Taylor move for that price, but understood it. Liked the other 2 he made yesterday. This one I don't get.

Archived