Browns trade Danny Shelton to the Patriots

49erurtaza

43 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Hmm, I doubt the arrival of Taylor changes Cleveland's draft strategy that much. He's not the long-term answer so there's no reason why they shouldn't go for a QB at #1. What happens with pick #4 is still very much up in the air, though. There's lots of different ways we could go with that pick.

Maybe the Browns will take Barkley with #1 and then take Lamar Jackson at #4.  I've thought that Tyrod Taylor would be a good veteran to pair up with Jackson for a couple years.  This would give the Browns an incredibly explosive backfield with the combo of Barkley & Jackson.  Jackson is probably a reach at #4, but maybe not if they really believe in him being their guy.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Maybe the Browns will take Barkley with #1 and then take Lamar Jackson at #4.  I've thought that Tyrod Taylor would be a good veteran to pair up with Jackson for a couple years.  This would give the Browns an incredibly explosive backfield with the combo of Barkley & Jackson.  Jackson is probably a reach at #4, but maybe not if they really believe in him being their guy.

If we take Jackson at #4 and pass on Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield... I may seriously question whether I can follow the Browns anymore.

Na... I'm still with them after 1-31 and years upon years of misery... I guess nothing will stop me from rooting for them. But seriously, I'd be pissed with Jackson at #4.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

If we take Jackson at #4 and pass on Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield... I may seriously question whether I can follow the Browns anymore.

Na... I'm still with them after 1-31 and years upon years of misery... I guess nothing will stop me from rooting for them. But seriously, I'd be pissed with Jackson at #4.

Hard to say I guess.  I do like a lot of the moves you guys are making though.  Things are definitely going in the right direction for the Browns.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

If you think he's a franchise QB he is worth #4. The idea of a QB worth the back half of the first just makes no sense to me. If they are a franchise guy they are worth #1. If they aren't a franchise guy they aren't worth a 1st.

He didn't fit Greg Williams's defense? Greg Williams probably won't even be their next year so who cares? There's no room on the Browns roster for Shelton? Dumping him was this urgent priority in return for a 2019 draft pick? 2015 - drafted 15 guys. Only 3 are left. Tyrod Taylor was worth a draft pick and $16 million? It's just a clown show still. Then you trade for a WR who is basically just a rich man's Kenny Britt and is going to get paid like a top flight #1 WR. And how the hell does Landry fit with Tyrod Taylor and Todd Haley?

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

If you think he's a franchise QB he is worth #4. The idea of a QB worth the back half of the first just makes no sense to me. If they are a franchise guy they are worth #1. If they aren't a franchise guy they aren't worth a 1st.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I'm not a fan of the trade but I'd hardly say getting a 2019 3rd round pick is "practically cutting him".

And they gave a current 5th back. A current 5th for them is basically a late 4th and a 3rd rounder for NE will more than likely be very very late. Draft picks 1 year in the future are usually valued as 1 round less valuable now than they are then So a late 4th this year is likely valued very similar to a late 3rd in 2019

2 hours ago, joru1000 said:

LMAO, is Joe Thomas the only God-damned 1st rounder drafted in the last 15 years to stay with the team for more than 4 years? What a joke.

Next year they'll be trading Garrett for swapping 6th rounders.

Nah, Denvers still got Von and DT.

Archived