Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Time for Suh to put his money where his mouth is and sign with the Eagles for free (or the vet min). 

As someone who has followed Suh closely, there’s zero chance he ever said that about Philly. He cares far more about money than he does about his football legacy / being in a good team. 

Every move he’s made has been about financial gain. His agency is Creative Artist Sports (some of the biggest names in the games are their clients, such as Dwayne Wade, Chris Paul, and Drew Brees), and his agent is Jimmy Sexton. He told Sexton after leaving Detroit that he didn’t care where he signed with next, so long as it was the biggest contract possible. He’s also in the Nike business and has opened several stores.

That’s all explicit stuff. The following is implicit, but I believe to be true. While he’s near elite right now at the DT position, I’ve watched near every game of his since he was in college. It’s very apparent to me that he hasn’t given 100% effort since his senior year of college and rookie year in Detroit. He’s going at 90% which is better than most player’s 100%, but he just doesn’t care enough to give that last 10%. He doesn’t care enough about being great, about winning, or about being part of a great team.

Thus he’d never say what he did about Philly. He could go there of course, but only if they paid him a pretty penny (which they won’t do because they are a smart organization). Once again, he’ll go to the highest bidder.

One of the issues with Suh is he's not a game changer or a leader on defense. He just wants to get paid. He is very good and plays hard most of the time, but there are times where he completely takes plays off. His play has started to decline a bit. He's just not worth the money he's going to get. I would be very wary if your team is interested in dropping the big bucks for him. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean Revis did the same thing. He treats the NFL for what it is, a business.

Yes and no. Revis played to get paid, but he was smart enough to recognize that his legacy needed a boost and signed with NE.

Just now, Louis Friend said:

I don't blame any player that seeks the most money possible. Suh is a great player, he will get accolades, he might win a championship one day, he will be very rich when he retires. Isn't that the goal of every NFL player?

No. The goal of most players in addition to getting rich is to win a SB and make the HOF.

The issue isn't Suh.. well sort of. He could have been more of a play maker and more of a leader. He could have played a bit harder at times. The issue is dumb teams who give these guys dumb monster contracts. I say that as a Dolphins fan. Only bad franchises make these deals unless your one player away. 

Archived