Dolphins expected to cut Suh

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

No. The goal of most players in addition to getting rich is to win a SB and make the HOF.

Yeah that’s goal for most but can’t blame the guys that want to get paid too. Yes you want a team guy that will do anything to get a Super Bowl and make the Hall however when your playing days are over a super bowl ring and a hall bid isn’t gonna help you continue living the life you want to live and take care of your family until he no longer walks this earth. Most people want accolades and super bowl wins and others want to make the most money they can before they hang them up. Neither of the two is wrong.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No. The goal of most players in addition to getting rich is to win a SB and make the HOF.

Not every player wins a Superbowl. And if players sign on Superbowl favorites, they are called ring chasers. You'll never please fans. 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

This sort of attitude is why Suh won't sniff the Hall of Fame. He'll certainly be rich, though. That might be worth more to him. I dunno.

Going to keep one of the best defensive players of his generation out of the hall because he treated a business like a business?

59 minutes ago, Malik said:

Going to keep one of the best defensive players of his generation out of the hall because he treated a business like a business?

No, I'd keep him out of the hall because he wasn't dominant enough to overcome all of the other missing parts of his legacy.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, I'd keep him out of the hall because he wasn't dominant enough to overcome all of the other missing parts of his legacy.

I was going to say mehhhh id put him in, but then i thought about it for a minute.  I dont think he has ever been the superior player everyone thought he was going to be.  Dont get me wrong. Hes been very good.  But Atkins has been better.  Watt has been better.  Cox has been better. McCoy, who he will always be compared to, has arguably been better. There was a time when i said Henry Melton was better.  Its pretty apparent that right now hes not a HOFer.

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

I was going to say mehhhh id put him in, but then i thought about it for a minute.  I dont think he has ever been the superior player everyone thought he was going to be.  Dont get me wrong. Hes been very good.  But Atkins has been better.  Watt has been better.  Cox has been better. McCoy, who he will always be compared to, has arguably been better. There was a time when i said Henry Melton was better.  Its pretty apparent that right now hes not a HOFer.

Exactly. Watt, Donald, and Atkins were better players during the same generation. There are other guys who are debatable. And Suh doesn't have the legacy/team accomplishments to compensate for that.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Exactly. Watt, Donald, and Atkins were better players during the same generation. There are other guys who are debatable. And Suh doesn't have the legacy/team accomplishments to compensate for that.

Watt is one of the most dominant football players regardless of position in the history of the NFL. He's not a fair measurement at all and I know we can all agree that he's superior to Suh.

But, Suh has the rookie DPOY and an additional 1st team All-pro over Geno. It's not like Geno has a bunch of playoff experience over Suh either or winning seasons. There really hasn't been any sort large gap between either of their careers thus far. Suh's career is currently twice as long as Donald's so I'd rather see how he continues before making any proclamations outside of Donald having a higher peak.

1 minute ago, Malik said:

Watt is one of the most dominant football players regardless of position in the history of the NFL. He's not a fair measurement at all and I know we can all agree that he's superior to Suh.

But, Suh has the rookie DPOY and an additional 1st team All-pro over Geno. It's not like Geno has a bunch of playoff experience over Suh either or winning seasons. There really hasn't been any sort large gap between either of their careers thus far. Suh's career is currently twice as long as Donald's so I'd rather see how he continues before making any proclamations outside of Donald having a higher peak.

Unless Donald suffers a career-ending injury, he's going to end up with the better career. He's been the better player since he's entered the NFL. Geno has consistently been the better player than Suh. But the fact that there isn't a big gap between Suh and Atkins in your mind speaks volumes because Atkins isn't a HOF lock either.

Archived