The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 11/21/2021 at 11:37 AM, NateDawg said:

This offense is obviously special. I’m not sure what glitch was happening there for a couple weeks where our OL couldn’t get any push. As long as they can continue to win the battle for the line of scrimmage, I don’t expect things to slow down. I am always cautious with Michigan week. It’s on the road, and I am never going to forget the John Cooper years. So you can’t go into the match up taking anything for granted. They are certainly hitting their stride though. I think we will give up some points but this is a tough offense to stop. One thing you have to be looking at is the number of pre-snap penalties we had for a couple weeks. Our center seemed to struggle with some crowd noise. As a team they only had one penalty yesterday though which is huge. If they stay ahead of schedule on offense and win the line of scrimmage I think they probably run away with this one.

I think Wypler is finally starting to truly settle into the spot. Don’t forget he was never suppose to be the starting center this year. Just will be huge next year to have him returning and getting a healthy Miller back to be one of the guards.

it’s hard to live on the Cooper fears. Tress and Urbz got rid of those demons and it seems like day hates Michigan just as much as Tress did. 

Think those comments by Harbs for the offseason  before still piss him off. I could see them wanting to go balls out the entire game and not slow down like they did vs MSU. Feel like Day wants to embarrass Harbs 

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You could argue the last 3 champs had God tier passing attacks:

Clemson

LSU

Alabama

I don’t see how we can’t be considered a favorite.

I worry about how a young team handles Michigan week especially since Stroud really hasn't had one due to last year. He had a chance to fold last week with a huge matchup with GameDay there but he didn't so hopefully that helped him. 

If we handle Michigan and the B1G Championship game, it would be interesting to see how we're viewed.

Never thought about the point you brought up and honestly, it's borderline impossible to stop those non-Belitnikoff finalists. If we get on top of Michigan and take them out of their game, like we did MSU, I feel great about it. 

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I love our team 

but I don’t see us or anyone for that matter beating Georgia 

they’re just so loaded and experienced 

their defense is full of seniors at every position 

I’m going to enjoy this Michigan game and really soak that in

Normally I'd agree but if we play like we did last week, I think we'd at least compete with them if not more. Their offense isn't a powerhouse by any means. We're so young though that I'm not sure we can consistently put that product on the field. Tomorrow is the biggest game against them since "The Game" so we'll start there and see how it goes lol

1 hour ago, Raves said:

These Refs are straight trash

Defense got their manhoods robbed.

No officiating is going to change that. Even if the refs did the opposite and called everything in our favor it wouldn’t have mattered.

One team wanted it more and played “full grown man ball.”

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 2:32 PM, NateDawg said:

I’m not under any illusion that this is a championship level team.

I have had this opinion all year and beating up on less talented teams hasn’t changed the deficiencies that have been out there. So not winning a national championship is not a surprise. The difficult part is losing to Michigan and having to deal with that for the next year. They were do though and were certainly the better team today. This team needs to seriously work on tackling more next season and get way more physical upfront.

• Like 1

Not surprised we lost. Meechigan played better and we got manhandled. One thing for sure Day better get this defense solved. As a Ohio State fan my whole life I’m not used to really bad defense. Maybe a down year every decade or so, never two years in a row. 

Oh and where are my LBs?  Not used to crap there either.