The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

This is all Quinn Ewers fault. 

this was just one of the byproducts of this portal vortex. 

That’s a big game for a true freshman in his first game action. 

we would’ve beat them with mccord 

we gotta hit the portal for sure. We’ll see if the guy from Kansas state is coming. One year starter while Noland gets ready 

I agree that the defense was good, but there is a trend that they get worn down upfront as the game goes on now. Look at the last couple games last year, look at the Michigan game, and look at last night. The defense was great, but there is a depth problem upfront, and you can see that continuing with the past couple of recruiting classes on the defensive line. We have a problem developing. 

On offense, Ryan Day either needs to show he has the stones to make some hard moves in the portal probably including quarterback, or he’s going to get run over in this era. Offensive line they probably need three new starters to come in. They are terrible upfront on offense. Never know, maybe Devin Brown is the guy at quarterback, but based on what we are seeing blocking upfront, we will never really know unless something gets fixed. He also has twisted both ankles this year and has played very minimally, so that’s an interesting injury trend already. I kind of feel like they don’t have a choice but to go grab somebody who at the very least can be out on the field quickly in case of injury.

Another Ryan Day issue is that he went from Dwayne Haskins to Justin Fields to CJ Stroud. He was spoiled by three straight first round of quarterbacks. We obviously didn’t have anything on that level this year, and that’s also not going to be the trend every year. He still tries to run the offense like we are in the Big XII. They can’t run the ball. And you certainly can’t air it out and win unbalanced against anyone good unless you have an awesome talent. Henderson made a big step this year and was actually a solid running back, we just did give him enough opportunities to hit open grass.

Yeah, bare minimum for next year they need to take the offensive reigns away from Ryan Day and hire somebody who’s going to run the offense. There are obvious shortcomings. The endgame playcalling is really bad, but the system is broken also. And this offensive line coach we have is worse than the guy we had previously. 

I’ll just repeat what I said after the Michigan game: Day is gone after next year. He will lose to Michigan again and probably lose his first round playoff game.

He just flat out doesn’t have the toughness and ruthlessness needed to be the head coach at Ohio State.

Urban Meyer is a scumbag of a human being, but answer this: in a high stakes winner take all game who would you choose Meyer or Day? We all know who we’d pick.

Yeah Urban was a next man up mentality and Ryan Day is an excuse maker. Obviously last year they were a made field goal away from a national championship so at their best he can still do some damage, but I think as a coach we have seen the pinnacle of what he can reach, because that was a best case scenario type of offense. 

Greg Ward going to the league smh 

if Devin Browns or Klienholz is starting for us week 1 we’re on a ****load of trouble 

Day can’t seriously think them and Nolan are enough. I don’t want that number 33 wearing often injured dude no where near my starting lineup 

• Like 2