The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Jameson Williams commits:

That was an awesome commitment video, that's how it's done. 

I saw Andrew Lind call him Teddy Ginn to Garrett Wilson's Santonio Holmes...I don't know about all that but I have very high expectations for these two. The future at receiver is incredibly bright. It's a damn shame they won't have Haskins throwing to them.

Anyway...GAMEDAY, gents! Let's stomp state!

To be fair, mobile QB's have burdened us and teams across the country for years. The pass rush was top notch and McSorley managed to break a number of tackles in what should have been sacks. Plus, the amount of three and outs from the offense was agonizing. That's not all on Haskins but he did not play up to expectations to the slightest. Thank god the screen pass was working, gotta credit the receivers' blocking for that one. That's one thing they do excel at.

Ugly win. A win nonetheless. Really surprised by the inaccuracy and level of discomfort by Haskins in the pocket tonight. I still think he’s great going forward, but if things go right, we will see more tough defenses. 

Defense held really strong tonight aside from no adjustments to the QB run. When you run base man coverage, that’s the threat you run into. Teams will see that and game plan with it. Schiano needs to do better. 

All in all, ecstatic with a win. Tough environment and still undefeated. We basically have four weeks to ‘get well’ before we see any more semi-challenging opponents. Who knows, maybe Bosa gets back then. Anyone not healthy needs to rest next week. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ugly win. A win nonetheless. Really surprised by the inaccuracy and level of discomfort by Haskins in the pocket tonight. I still think he’s great going forward, but if things go right, we will see more tough defenses. 

Defense held really strong tonight aside from no adjustments to the QB run. When you run base man coverage, that’s the threat you run into. Teams will see that and game plan with it. Schiano needs to do better. 

All in all, ecstatic with a win. Tough environment and still undefeated. We basically have four weeks to ‘get well’ before we see any more semi-challenging opponents. Who knows, maybe Bosa gets back then. Anyone not healthy needs to rest next week. 

That was not an ugly win. That was hard fought win.

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ugly passing performance and some sloppiness as a whole but a hard fought win in a tough setting.

Those drops certainly didn't help especially the one that lead to the INT. Haskins didn't play great by any means but considering no WR was helping him in the first half and the setting he played in, I'd say I'm content w/ his performance. He definitely wasn't as accurate as he had been all season and playing specific defenses doesn't effect that. He might've just been too excited, who knows. He wasn't great but he did enough to get us a win and a HUGE win. Hoping they don't do something stupid while I'm across the pond the next two games but we should be OK.

I'll see em in West Lafayette after I get back, front row!

Edited by JTagg7754

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yikes indeed. Receivers and production aren't doing Haskins very many favors.

They sure came through in the clutch though

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:55 PM, candyman93 said:

Schiano needs to be put on the hot seat.

I feel bad but I kinda hope UC does bad so that Fickell gets fired and comes back home and Schiano pursues a head coaching gig

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ugly passing performance and some sloppiness as a whole but a hard fought win in a tough setting.

Meh, there were a lot of drops, he'll be fine. He came through where we needed him the most.

- Overall, Chase Young was the guy I expected to be, he was a monster and played like a an eventual top 5 pick.

- Cooper was really nice at the other end

- When does Bowen come back at RG?

- I wish McCall could catch a punt, he is the dynamic PR we need

- I hope Dre'Mont isn't out for long

- Tuff is having a tough time out there

- One again, Arnette should not be out there with the starters, Wade should have all of his reps

Edited by MSURacerDT55