The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

4 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Only one I can see would be Maryland perhaps. It is sandwiched between both teams up north. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Idk Meyer is going to be on a war path. I don’t see them sleeping on a team enough to allow a trap

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

They aren't looking too bad either. I don't see us having a problem assuming we're healthy but you aren't wrong in your assessment.

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk Meyer is going to be on a war path. I don’t see them sleeping on a team enough to allow a trap

With Maryland looking good this year I don't think anyone is going to be sleeping on them.  This isn't like Iowa last year.

Yeah, Nate's right as far as I'm concerned. Can't say I've ever been to the other rivalry game but I've been to the last two PSU/OSU games and they're like no other OSU game I've been to and I've been to a few top 10 matchups. Gonna be a fun week. Still can't top the historic rivalry though, that'll always be the best

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

You know, I was kind of curious to what degree the rivalry was viewed from your side, but this is enough proof for me

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Ohio-State-Penn-State-2018-OSU-students-trash-talk-Penn-State-after-Tulane-game-122448905/

Probably somewhere in the "Michigan State, Wisconsin" territory. We're a lot bigger rival for you than you are for us. Well behind UM, and then it's a year by year thing. 

Side note, it would be nice to actually get you guys in PRIME TIME IN COLUMBUS one of these years instead of ALWAYS playing in Prime Time @ Happy Valley. It's a joke.

What has Arnette done this season to draw everyone's ire aside from being named "Damon Arnette"? I'm genuinely curious. I know he's had his ups and downs over the years, but I legitimately haven't noticed him playing particularly bad this season. I've seen him, Wade, Okudah, and Sheffield all give up some passes this year but I feel like they're all playing fairly well. With 4 first round CBs drafted the past few years I'm not sure why people continue to question this staff's ability to evaluate CB play and put the best players on the field. 

Just looked up the CFB film room stats and while it's not official, the stats show what I've seen on the field; Okudah has looked the worst, but even then he hasn't looked that bad. They're playing fine; it's that safety spot opposite Fuller I'm most worried about, although it seems Pryor might be settling in. 

Arnette - 12 targets, 5 completions (41.6%), 83 yards, 16.6 YPC, 3 first downs, 2 PI
Sheffield - 10 targets, 4 completions (40%), 89 yards, 22.3 YPC, 2 first downs, 0 PI
Wade - 10 targets, 4 completions (40%), 63 yards, 15.8 ypc, 3 first downs, 0 PI
Okudah - 5 targets, 4 completions (80%), 70 yards, 17.5 YPC, 3 first downs, 2 PI

Edited by BRANDON26841X
  • Like 2

I have a close friend who works on the digital media staff at OSU. I feel for him today, as I'm sure he helped design that poster. The outrage over this is preposterous, absolutely disgusting. For people to take this "silence" message entirely out of context and use it for their own agenda is infuriating. I hate that people outside of Ohio criticize us Buckeyes for not having an issue with this, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I'm tired of critics calling Ohio State "tone deaf" because of this. Like WTF, that's such a crap word to use for this context, but because the word "silence" was used, we are just that. Yeah tf right. Ugh...

7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I have a close friend who works on the digital media staff at OSU. I feel for him today, as I'm sure he helped design that poster. The outrage over this is preposterous, absolutely disgusting. For people to take this "silence" message entirely out of context and use it for their own agenda is infuriating. I hate that people outside of Ohio criticize us Buckeyes for not having an issue with this, one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. I'm tired of critics calling Ohio State "tone deaf" because of this. Like WTF, that's such a crap word to use for this context, but because the word "silence" was used, we are just that. Yeah tf right. Ugh...

I think any ‘critical thinker’ out there knows there was no intent there. Just another opportunity for hate/fun at the programs expense from outsiders. Similar digital media was used for the white out two years ago. The circumstances are the only thing that’s changed, so a select few have warped it to fit their narrative. This little thing will blow over, but obviously a blunder. 

• Like 1