The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’ve been saying for awhile urban is overrated as a coach. He’s a great recruiter though. 

he isnt an overrated coach, the rest of his coaching staff is in shambles. His resumes proves he is a damn good coach, just has missed on his coaching hires. More so than he has ever had in his career

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

he isnt an overrated coach, the rest of his coaching staff is in shambles. His resumes proves he is a damn good coach, just has missed on his coaching hires. More so than he has ever had in his career

No he’s overrated. He’s in charge of his staff. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don't know man...I mean I definitely think coaching has played a part in this, but from a talent perspective, our O-line has been getting demolished, I've never been very high on our WR's, there are no Denzel Wards or Marshon Lattimores in this secondary anymore. This roster just feels like it's not what it could be.

Regardless, we should have more talent than Purdue, but something with this team just isn't right, and I think it's a combination of coaching and personnel.

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

73 pass attempts?

lmaooooo since when did y’all turn into us?

Well, we've not had a QB........ ever until now. Ok, ok, I give up, I'm just underwhelmed, kinda drunk and don't feel like going to bed here in Indy. I've had a Bosa jersey for two games. Both times it's been worn, we lost. It's going in the fireplace when we get home tomorrow.

This loss is on me, people. I take full responsibility. My bad

Only thing more embarrassing than OSU football right now are the Armageddon OSU fans after the blowout. Looking around the dark web of sports...get a life people. Don’t send coaches/players immature DMs. Don’t go on ridiculous and immature F-bomb rants about how bad everyone is, wishing ill-will on people, etc. Pathetic and embarrassing to be affiliated to that type of fanhood. It sucks that our team sucks right now but life goes on.  People that let sports, as fans, affect their everyday happiness and fulfillment are pathetic. 

With all that said, the weaknesses were exposed at their greatest tonight. Unfortunately, Urban Meyer is overly loyal to players and coaches until the losses come in. It is clear that the defense is very poorly coached, specifically at linebacker. Bill Davis must go, and I won’t be sad if Schiano goes along with. It is also very clear that we have multiple offensivd linemen playing that simply cannot push a defender or block whatsoever (Knox comes to mind).  We will not run the ball this year with this personnel out there and aren’t the best at pass blocking.

I have a hard time seeing things turn around all that much this year, because we really do have a lot of holes. At this point, the defense kind of is what it is. Very bad.  I do think that on a given day, the offense could still put up some points against most teams. Today was bad there though. Best case scenario for me is we find a way to win out, beat UM, and get left out of the CFP. I don’t care to see further embarrassment on that stage anyhow. I don’t see us winning out, unless there are some really drastic improvements anyways though. The sky is certainly not falling, but it will be interesting to see the ripple effect of how this season plays out.

Edited by NateDawg