Dolphins expected to cut Mike Pouncey

49erurtaza

Pouncey asked to be released. I love how everyone is spinning it like the Dolphins we're the ones who wanted him out.

Working to confirm @AdamSchefter report Mike Pouncey requested release and Dolphins granting. Two days ago Dolphins told me Pouncey stays. Said had new regimen planned to keep him healthy. Last night they were making OL plans with Pouncey at center.

Anyways, to respond to a previous comment, I think he's still a good player no doubt but he's one of the most, if not the most, injury prone player we've had in the past 6-7 years. That says a lot about a team who employed guys like Reggie Bush, Branden Albert, etc. He played the entire 16 games last season but the team made him practice once or twice a week to preserve him. All in all, he's somewhat living off his name but I still think he has plenty of juice left.

Now all they need to do is cut Cam Wake, Robert Quinn, and the rest of their horribly overpaid and overrated squad and they'll be good to go!

Seriously, this team is weird. They are set up to win like 5-7 games for the next few seasons...aka perpetual mediocrity. I really think they need to do a roster blitzkrieg, embrace the suckitude, and build from scratch.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Yet they drafted someone like two years ago who fell dramatically from him smoking out of a gas mask who was projected as a top 5 talent who name is tunsil? 

Tunsil has essentially been a choir boy for Miami, regardless of him being videotaped smoking a plant 4 years ago.

Pouncey actually had his healthiest season in 2017 in quite a while, but they had to milk his practice time to make it happen. He rarely practiced with contact. His hips are ticking time bombs. I get why they would cut him, I also get why it would have made sense to keep him. I'm fairly ambivalent about this move.

44 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Now all they need to do is cut Cam Wake, Robert Quinn, and the rest of their horribly overpaid and overrated squad and they'll be good to go!

Seriously, this team is weird. They are set up to win like 5-7 games for the next few seasons...aka perpetual mediocrity. I really think they need to do a roster blitzkrieg, embrace the suckitude, and build from scratch.

If they can tank like the rest of Jets and Bills did last season they might end up having a pretty good season. 

Pouncey is overpaid and injury prone. He's paid like a great player to be average and get hurt. He also commits penalties every game. Center is a need now, but I'm so happy he's gone now. I was worried we were stuck with him. 

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Strong chance to land in the AFC East with either the Jets or Bills. I think the Ravens may look into him too. Surely there are lots of possibilities.

Hmmm- wasn't Pouncey one of the sporting young gentlemen who allegedly bullied their teammate, Jonathan Martin, a few years ago about his racial identity and masculinity? Along with that other Vienna Boys Choir Alto, Richie Incognito; and John Jerry?

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/03/04/miami-dolphins-mike-pouncey-not-concerned-about-apparent-threat-by-jonathan-martin/

"During the 2013 season, Martin blamed then-Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Pouncey for bullying him, triggering an NFL investigation and leading to Martin’s departure from Miami and eventually the NFL. Incognito also was tagged on the Instagram post."

- Wouldn't it be odd if he rejoined the supposedly-reformed Incognito in Buffalo? 

Image result for Mike Pouncey Richie Incognito

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pouncey told by doctors last year that he was going to need hip-replacement surgery within the next 5 years?

If his hips are trashed that's no bueno, especially for an IOL.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:41 PM, bzane said:

Hmmm- wasn't Pouncey one of the sporting young gentlemen who allegedly bullied their teammate, Jonathan Martin, a few years ago about his racial identity and masculinity? Along with that other Vienna Boys Choir Alto, Richie Incognito; and John Jerry?

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/03/04/miami-dolphins-mike-pouncey-not-concerned-about-apparent-threat-by-jonathan-martin/

"During the 2013 season, Martin blamed then-Dolphins teammates Richie Incognito and Pouncey for bullying him, triggering an NFL investigation and leading to Martin’s departure from Miami and eventually the NFL. Incognito also was tagged on the Instagram post."

- Wouldn't it be odd if he rejoined the supposedly-reformed Incognito in Buffalo? 

Yawn. 

Archived