Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I can't see how fans could be mad about a few second round picks for a franchise QB. 

I heard the Browns are sending everyone to the USC pro day. Browns coach or GM didn't go to Baker's or Rosen's. That's pretty interesting to me. With how bad Eli looked last season and his age, it's hard for me to see them going RB. I think they signed Stewart so they could draft a RB later. We're riding on the Giants at this point. Baker doesn't seem like they're type of guy, but who knows. 

This. We only phased ourselves out of the 2nd round for 2 years thats it. Giants I think could go either way could see them going Saquon, Nelson, Allen, or Rosen

14 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

This. We only phased ourselves out of the 2nd round for 2 years thats it. Giants I think could go either way could see them going Saquon, Nelson, Allen, or Rosen

I agree. I just need the Giants to pass up on Rosen. 

I have been a jet fan a long time and I'm very happy with this trade. These are some of the reasons why

1. This draft is not that deep. Once you get in the 40 and below pick the talent drops really fast. So those 2 second round picks this year I could careless about.

2. Moving up is more than moving up 3 spots. You are jumping the Browns at 4 and Denver at 5. These guys are hoping to get a QB there.

3. The top 3 QB will go 1,2,3. maybe even 4 if Browns trade down in one spot. I don't get why people are so down on these guys. This QB class is GREAT. I have not been this excited about QB since Andrew Luck came along. What ever your looking for in a QB is in this draft. I see 3 maybe 4 franchise QB in this draft. Yes the class of 83 all over again. 

4. As a JET fan we have had no good QB in my life time. Take a risk on these guys.

5. The price is only going to go up as we get closer to draft day. If you look back on all the drafts to move up in the top 3 ALWAYS COST YOU SEVERAL 1st ROUND picks. 

6. If you hit on a QB that means you have a guy that will only get better at a cheap deal for 5 years. I like this a lot better than the Cousins deal. 

7. Finally the jets watch the pro days of Mayfield and Rosen before they made the trade. Darnald did not do his pro day yet before the trade. Rosen was throwing the ball really well on a very wind day. I think the jets are happy with Rosen or Mayfield at three. They know if the Browns take a QB at one it will be Allen if they pass it will be Barkley. If Barkley is there at 2 Giants will take him. Lets say Rosen and Mayfield are gone I think the jets swing a trade with Denver at 5 and pick up an extra 1st round pick and second round pick for next year along with a 3rd round pick this year. There is all kinds of moves you can make at 3. 

man I really hope we get Josh Rosen. Watching him reminds me of Matt Ryan so much. He is very talented as a thrower, great mechanics and knows how to place a football. I like that he is 6'4 too. 

If we get him, we are set up nicely at QB. Don't need to rush him, we have McCown to mentor him and we have Teddy Bridgewater to see if we have anything with him. What people don't talk about is the possibly Bridgewater plays well and we have the ability to trade him for draft picks.  being only 25 his market could end up being high if he shows hes healthy and can play. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I have been a jet fan a long time and I'm very happy with this trade. These are some of the reasons why

1. This draft is not that deep. Once you get in the 40 and below pick the talent drops really fast. So those 2 second round picks this year I could careless about.

2. Moving up is more than moving up 3 spots. You are jumping the Browns at 4 and Denver at 5. These guys are hoping to get a QB there.

3. The top 3 QB will go 1,2,3. maybe even 4 if Browns trade down in one spot. I don't get why people are so down on these guys. This QB class is GREAT. I have not been this excited about QB since Andrew Luck came along. What ever your looking for in a QB is in this draft. I see 3 maybe 4 franchise QB in this draft. Yes the class of 83 all over again. 

4. As a JET fan we have had no good QB in my life time. Take a risk on these guys.

5. The price is only going to go up as we get closer to draft day. If you look back on all the drafts to move up in the top 3 ALWAYS COST YOU SEVERAL 1st ROUND picks. 

6. If you hit on a QB that means you have a guy that will only get better at a cheap deal for 5 years. I like this a lot better than the Cousins deal. 

7. Finally the jets watch the pro days of Mayfield and Rosen before they made the trade. Darnald did not do his pro day yet before the trade. Rosen was throwing the ball really well on a very wind day. I think the jets are happy with Rosen or Mayfield at three. They know if the Browns take a QB at one it will be Allen if they pass it will be Barkley. If Barkley is there at 2 Giants will take him. Lets say Rosen and Mayfield are gone I think the jets swing a trade with Denver at 5 and pick up an extra 1st round pick and second round pick for next year along with a 3rd round pick this year. There is all kinds of moves you can make at 3. 

•  

I agree with being excited.  But I disagree that if it goes Rosen and Mayfield we trade back ... I think we very happily take Darnold.  I think it is Darnold, Allen then Rosen in that order on our big board.

Josh Allen scares me,  his stats are comparable to Christian Hackenberg.

I think Darnold goes 1st overall, hes a Andrew Luck type talent. I don't see the Browns passing him up. 

Now hopefully the Giants take Barkley or Nelson 2nd overall, then we'll have our pick of the QBs. To me its Josh Rosen, I think the brass loved what they saw from him at the workout. Cause after that they traded up.  Baker Mayfield seems like a gimmick college QB, hes risky. 

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Josh Allen scares me,  his stats are comparable to Christian Hackenberg.

I think Darnold goes 1st overall, hes a Andrew Luck type talent. I don't see the Browns passing him up. 

Now hopefully the Giants take Barkley or Nelson 2nd overall, then we'll have our pick of the QBs. To me its Josh Rosen, I think the brass loved what they saw from him at the workout. Cause after that they traded up.  Baker Mayfield seems like a gimmick college QB, hes risky. 

The only thing Allen and Hack have in common is their height otherwise there is a big difference between them.  Don't be surprised if he goes #1 to Cleveland.

In Naples, FL this week for a work trip and meeting a lot of UCLA alum here. They all seem to like but not love Rosen. Felt he should have made them better than what they were the last 3 years. I mentioned surrounding talent and they all agreed. All seem to like him as a player though when I mentioned the Jets taking him at 3. They pretty much all think he’s worth it. Just a perspective from asking some UCLA fans....

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

In Naples, FL this week for a work trip and meeting a lot of UCLA alum here. They all seem to like but not love Rosen. Felt he should have made them better than what they were the last 3 years. I mentioned surrounding talent and they all agreed. All seem to like him as a player though when I mentioned the Jets taking him at 3. They pretty much all think he’s worth it. Just a perspective from asking some UCLA fans....

Interesting.  So they don't love him because they felt he should have elevated talent around him.  Is that accurate?

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

A "franchise QB" isn't necessarily a "great QB"... it's a player that will be the face of an organization for the foreseeable future. You have to overpay for those guys. 

Well we don’t need faces. We need talent. Bring Sloth from Goonies out there for all I care if he can be a winning franchise QB.

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Interesting.  So they don't love him because they felt he should have elevated talent around him.  Is that accurate?

They seem to have felt that the “team” should have had better success being he was at QB. I mentioned he was injured. And they acknowledged that.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

They seem to have felt that the “team” should have had better success being he was at QB. I mentioned he was injured. And they acknowledged that.

Guess that could be interpreted a bunch of ways ....

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For the make them better part, there wasn't much else he could do. 48, 58, 47, 44,48, 28, and 35 points were given up in all of our L's last season. Add that with a rushing attack that was ranked 114th (improving from 128th (dead last) and a 7.7% drop percentage. With all of that, he still put up numbers. 

Archived