Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I gotta admit, while I have a pretty solid background in math/science, you lost me on the non-dimensional variable comment.

Its not like I developed the NFL equivalent of the Reynolds number.

LOLOL I hadn't even seen this post yet

3 hours ago, Norm said:

This site is pretty depressing for a team that's lost one game. It's like we're all just anticipating the worst with everything. 

Though I'm pretty positive going so I feel that way a lot

It's what happens when a team has a long stretch of success. Success becomes expected and that expectation becomes irrational. It won't calm down until GB experiences a drought for awhile.

9 minutes ago, Kepler said:

It's what happens when a team has a long stretch of success. Success becomes expected and that expectation becomes irrational. It won't calm down until GB experiences a drought for awhile.

It's sad I subconsciously root for that lol

11 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Sometimes the pessimism gets so annoying it's hard not too. But then they'd be happy because they'd think they were right lawl

We could win 14 games and they think they're right.

If only we did this we'd have won 16!

Every season you don't win it all it's the most egregious thing ever done. 

Anyways, they're going to get mad if we keep going lol. I just don't get it anymore. It's not even football, it feels like most things are that way now. Maybe I'm old

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You made me flash back to my Materials Science classes and I hate you. Steel properties was a portion of my life that should have stayed buried. 

Advanced mechanics of materials is, to this day, the hardest class I've ever taken.

**** was intense.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Advanced mechanics of materials is, to this day, the hardest class I've ever taken.

**** was intense.

That was actually the one grad school specialty I (very very briefly) considered. I made the right choice going into the workforce it sounds like. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

That was actually the one grad school specialty I (very very briefly) considered. I made the right choice going into the workforce it sounds like. 

Yeah I'm taking grad classes for aero/astro (propulsion) now. It's...a lot. With the kids and a 50+hr/week career too yet.

Need the Packers as an escape this fall :)

Don't go back unless you have very good reasons. I do, and I'm even considering hanging it up and not finishing ha

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I'm taking grad classes for aero/astro (propulsion) now. It's...a lot. With the kids and a 50+hr/week career too yet.

Don't go back unless you have very good reasons. I do, and I'm even considering hanging it up and not finishing ha

I might do the MBA eventually, and the company I'm with now pays for some automation classes that I take advantage of.

My future is not in academia, but I tip my hate to those smart/dedicated enough to do it, especially if you're doing "real" work at the same time. That's demanding as hell. 

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I went back twice for MBA/M.S,- and just started going agian. Worth it every time if your company is paying for it.

Archived