Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

Nice to see that the rules committee now says the Matthews hit (vs Minnesota) should not have been called a penalty. Too late to change the result of the game, but satisfying to see Riveron's stupid comment overturned (the one where he said the Matthews hit would be used as a training vid on what IS a penalty). I hope that puts an end to the rules committee's tendency toward the fortress mentality. 

Enlightened businesses embrace complaints and try to deal with them. Bad companies deny them and make it difficult to complain. Going forward, the rules committee needs to be like the enlightened companies. Riveron needs re-training.

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Nice to see that the rules committee now says the Matthews hit (vs Minnesota) should not have been called a penalty. Too late to change the result of the game, but satisfying to see Riveron's stupid comment overturned (the one where he said the Matthews hit would be used as a training vid on what IS a penalty). I hope that puts an end to the rules committee's tendency toward the fortress mentality. Enlightened businesses embrace complaints and try to deal with them. Bad companies deny them and make it difficult to complain. Going forward, the rules committee needs to be like the enlightened companies. Riveron needs re-training.

I think the NFL tries out their "F-up refereeing" on the Green Bay Packers.
I guess they think because the markets so small nobody will notice :$

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I think the NFL tries out their "F-up refereeing" on the Green Bay Packers.
I guess they think because the markets so small nobody will notice :$

Hang on there foir just a moment . I need to put my tinfoil  'all conspiracies are real' hat for this one.... :D

34 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I don't understand why you feel that way.  The Bills put up 300 yards against the Vikings and won 27-6 and they only put up 145 yards vs the Packers and scored 0 points.  I'd say there is plenty to be encouraged by.  

Josh Allen had a Rating of 111 vs the Vikes and a QBR of 86.  He had a rating of 36 and a QBR of 5.4 vs the Pack.  I realize he's a rookie and has been inconsistent but what the Packers did to him was still impressive.  

The vikings played poorly and then JA played poorly.

Mostly griping about those cherry picked stats which are heavily skewed by 1 game against a bad team and bad player.

So our 48.4% completion with blitz.  4/10 was JA.  So 8/15 was the other teams.  8/15 doesn't seem exceptional.  It's okay, maybe even decent.

Same is true of other parts of that tweet.

40 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Mostly griping about those cherry picked stats which are heavily skewed by 1 game against a bad team and bad player.

So our 48.4% completion with blitz.  4/10 was JA.  So 8/15 was the other teams.  8/15 doesn't seem exceptional.  It's okay, maybe even decent.

Let's remove the parts where our defense did badly too then to even this out ?

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Let's remove the parts where our defense did badly too then to even this out ?

Opponent adjustments will not look quite so favorably on the Buffalo game when we look back in 4-6 weeks.  Some of the game vs Minnesota was great, and some of the game vs Chicago was great.  Minnesota game included a total meltdown.

It's an accomplishment for this Defense to TCOB like they did on Sunday though.  If they are a truly improved defense, they will start holding teams like Detroit in check.  My read is that they aren't quite there yet, and they will struggle this week.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

We went from #2 to #1. We've been good all year. It's OK to have a positive take, it really is.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We went from #2 to #1. We've been good all year. It's OK to have a positive take, it really is.

This site is pretty depressing for a team that's lost one game. It's like we're all just anticipating the worst with everything. 

Though I'm pretty positive going so I feel that way a lot

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

This site is pretty depressing for a team that's lost one game. It's like we're all just anticipating the worst with everything. 

Though I'm pretty positive going so I feel that way a lot

I locked in my playoff tickets in March (no I'm not kidding). I'm going to enjoy the ride to #5 this year even if I'm the only one.

Rodgers is too, he went from having "a scotch" to "a scotch or two" this week. I'm following suit. By this rate, we'll be to "a scotch or a dozen" when we clinch the NFC North after beating Chicago in Dec.

24 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Opponent adjustments will not look quite so favorably on the Buffalo game when we look back in 4-6 weeks.  Some of the game vs Minnesota was great, and some of the game vs Chicago was great.  Minnesota game included a total meltdown.

It's an accomplishment for this Defense to TCOB like they did on Sunday though.  If they are a truly improved defense, they will start holding teams like Detroit in check.  My read is that they aren't quite there yet, and they will struggle this week.

They did TCOB against the Bears.  They also made a play at the end of the vikings game to TCOB  only to have it taken away.  Yes, we have issues, but we have been TCOB for the most part. (excluding the brain fart in Washington, but that was mostly Offensive gaffs in the second half.

This defense will go as far as Fackrell can take them!?!?!?!

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Why do Packer fans do this?

I get that we played a poor team and that helps the stat.

But the rest of the NFL plays poor teams as well.  So why do we have to discount our stats when compared to the rest of the NFL, when the there is no discount on the rest as well?

Archived