Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

1 minute ago, Leader said:

??

I'm hopeful Breeland can start contributing on D this week. Whats the mystery?
I didnt see the Inactive List and havent seen the game, so if he played yesterday - he didnt register a single stat. I hope that changes.

Re-read your original post carefully.

Jermaine Whitehead has played 40% of the defensive snaps - with many of those 100+ snaps coming as the nickel CB.  His name is rarely called during the game.  He's a guy who just does his job.

Do we have our next Micah Hyde?

18 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Jermaine Whitehead has played 40% of the defensive snaps - with many of those 100+ snaps coming as the nickel CB.  His name is rarely called during the game.  He's a guy who just does his job.

Do we have our next Micah Hyde?

No

we have **** tier talent at Knight backer. 

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Best defense vs Josh Allen --> Packers

Can't take too much encouragement from that game.

I don't understand why you feel that way.  The Bills put up 300 yards against the Vikings and won 27-6 and they only put up 145 yards vs the Packers and scored 0 points.  I'd say there is plenty to be encouraged by.  

Josh Allen had a Rating of 111 vs the Vikes and a QBR of 86.  He had a rating of 36 and a QBR of 5.4 vs the Pack.  I realize he's a rookie and has been inconsistent but what the Packers did to him was still impressive.  

4 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

I don't understand why you feel that way.  The Bills put up 300 yards against the Vikings and won 27-6 and they only put up 145 yards vs the Packers and scored 0 points.  I'd say there is plenty to be encouraged by.  

Josh Allen had a Rating of 111 vs the Vikes and a QBR of 86.  He had a rating of 36 and a QBR of 5.4 vs the Pack.  I realize he's a rookie and has been inconsistent but what the Packers did to him was still impressive.  

Also we missed 4 tackles, I understand we were averaging something like 14 missed in our prior 3 games. It was a marked improvement no matter how you want to look at it.

Archived