Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Missed that part.  My bad.

When is the last time Matthews made the Pro Bowl?  He made multiple plays behind the LOS. 

Get the offense into 3rd and 7 and you can pin your ears back and go without having to stress ILB concepts. That's where Clay's big plays came from. That's where most everyone in the league's big plays come from, but that's the game 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Our run defense struggled in 2014.  Our pass rush was fine.  Our run defense is fine this year.  Our pass rush isn't. 

Can you not put the pieces together?  Sorry to sound like a ****, but it's very obvious.  Weakening a weakness to strengthen a strength doesn't make sense. 

I think Matthews is struggling as an outside rusher now more than ever.  I think he can still be a very impactful player on early downs if he were used inside.  What is so hard to understand?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Get the offense into 3rd and 7 and you can pin your ears back and go without having to stress ILB concepts. That's where Clay's big plays came from. That's where most everyone in the league's big plays come from, but that's the game 

Right.  Can't do that when you're allowing 5 to 8 ypc on 1st down.

Just now, Cheech said:

I think Matthews is struggling as an outside rusher now more than ever.  I think he can still be a very impactful player on early downs if he were used inside.  What is so hard to understand?

What is it about 32 year old Clay Matthews that makes you think he's going to be a very impactful player inside?

How many "very impactful players" ILBs are there on early downs?

So, after 4 games, it looks like Mike Pettine's D will be in the top 10 in the all important offensive points-per-game-against category, giving up an average of 18.75.

This is obviously skewed by today's shutout, but baby steps are being made.

Big game for the D against a prolific Lions offense on the road next week.

Would be great to stack success.

Archived