Ever followed a coach/player that left your team?

Elky

I don't really get into following players any more. Obviously, as a fan who tries to follow the NFL as a whole, I pay attention to what's going on in the NFL, and by proxy, that means I follow those players, but I don't start rooting for that team or anything. I don't suddenly start caring if that team does well or anything. 

For the 49ers, we have quite a few posters who continued to follow Frank Gore after he left, one of our posters follows Alex Smith's career pretty closely. I want them to do well if only because they are likable people who played for us, but it won't affect me much if Gore can't find a home this off season or Smith completely bombs in Washington. 

Kind of...

1995 was a brutal year for the Browns, considering he who shall not be named moved the team.

So, instead of following a set team, (although I was a kind of 49er fan because of my love for Steve Young and Jerry Rice...my parents let me pick 1 jersey in 1996 and I picked Jerry's. I wore that thing so much the numbers peeled off) I followed some of my favorite college players, like Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, Orlando Pace, etc.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Kind of...

1995 was a brutal year for the Browns, considering he who shall not be named moved the team.

So, instead of following a set team, (although I was a kind of 49er fan because of my love for Steve Young and Jerry Rice...my parents let me pick 1 jersey in 1996 and I picked Jerry's. I wore that thing so much the numbers peeled off) I followed some of my favorite college players, like Eddie George, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, Orlando Pace, etc.

That's kind of what I did when Bud moved the Oilers. Moon was an easy choice, but I also followed Kerry Collins and Kordell Stewart a ton back then, too.

If Ray Lewis had left in 08 or whenever it was I would’ve.Ed Reed wasn’t Ed Reed anymore when he left. There really haven’t been many great players we’ve lost that were still playing at a high level when they left. I’d follow Flacco if he left. If Ray Rice had gotten another chance I would’ve kept up with him 

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What was the 1st?

The combination of us taking Cedric Benson with the 4th overall pick, then seeing Aaron Rodgers go to GB in the 20s. 

I'l never say I knew Rodgers would be a first ballot HoF player, but he was my favorite offensive prospect and I didn't like Grossman. Seeing him take off and Benson bust just makes it so much worse. Lol

I hate Angelo so much. 

Archived