This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

where do you buy kettle bells? I don't see them at Walmart, amazon, *****, or even Onnit

Dude... been looking for a month. Everywhere is sold out. I even went to a Play it Again sports thinking I'd sneak something and there was no equipment. 

Anyone has a good at home workout let me know.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Dude... been looking for a month. Everywhere is sold out. I even went to a Play it Again sports thinking I'd sneak something and there was no equipment. 

Really depends on what you're looking for. I lost over 50 lbs a few years back doing this and cardio.  Nice little workout that you really don't need any equipment for besides maybe a dumbbell. 

43 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Similar situation and no luck finding kettle or dumbbells. Was totally reliant on the local gym. I live in a small place in the bay area so no room for major equipment. Started the zero equipment program from AthleanX. Id recommend it if youre like me and no equipment is the only option. Beats doing nothing but burpees.

4 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Similar situation and no luck finding kettle or dumbbells. Was totally reliant on the local gym. I live in a small place in the bay area so no room for major equipment. Started the zero equipment program from AthleanX. Id recommend it if youre like me and no equipment is the only option. Beats doing nothing but burpees.

You have a link or is it a paid program? I dig AthleanX

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Nice I do some of his workouts at the gym, haven't tried Athleanx home workouts. I was thinking insanity to lean out, but might just try that program

Yup have to do something. 3 weeks now since my gym closed. Gotta make best of the situation. 

I had a bootleg insanity back in college. That was solid too at the time. Before I got into lifting. Still love that plyometrics circuit day. That was a good one

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

Yup have to do something. 3 weeks now since my gym closed. Gotta make best of the situation. 

I had a bootleg insanity back in college. That was solid too at the time. Before I got into lifting. Still love that plyometrics circuit day. That was a good one

I did same with insanity lol,  and I was less bulky with solid abs.. Right now I'm solid with muscle mass, but could lose a few pounds due to my diet... cleaning out my diet with high protein/ low carbs, cut out the booze, and doing insanity should help me lean out. I wanted the kettlebells just to try something new and heard they are great way to confuse body and hit other muscles... I honestly think insanity and clean diet and I'm good... Is that AthleanXprogram better than insanity? Insanity only 15 a month..... still want those kettlebells to to my collection, bought the perfect pushup the other day.

Edited by Humble_Beast

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I did same with insanity lol,  and I was less bulky with solid abs.. Right now I'm solid with muscle mass, but could lose a few pounds due to my diet... cleaning out my diet with high protein/ low carbs, cut out the booze, and doing insanity should help me lean out. I wanted the kettlebells just to try something new and heard they are great way to confuse body and hit other muscles... I honestly think insanity and clean diet and I'm good... Is that AthleanXprogram better than insanity? Insanity only 15 a month..... still want those kettlebells to to my collection, bought the perfect pushup the other day.

Honestly its been a long time since I did insanity so I dont remember the whole thing in depth. I dont think either one is better, theyre different. Insanity is more aerobic comparatively and requires some equipment I think. The athlean program seems a little more strength oriented (as much as you can be with bodyweight only) . Theres also a bunch of different programs on there. I just chose the zero equipment one since it was my only option.

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Screw all those expensive exercise programs and equipment.  

Just do burpees!  I’ve seen dudes in the joint go from skin and bone, shooting dope  24/7 with puddle water, to monsters by just doing burpees.

Ha true. was basically doing burpees the first week of quarantine. But it gets old real fast.

Ive dealt with guys locked up pretty frequently in my line of work so I agree some guys get huge. However, I will say in my experience for every guy who gets jacked while inside, theres just as many who get their version of the Freshman 15. Must be all that white bread. Some dudes just baloon up

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Anyone here who didn’t work from home until the COVID19 happened and now working from home. How are you liking it? 

Just curious 

Love the fact that I dont have a commute. Was a "super commuter" before all this started. Havent gotten gas once in 3 weeks now.

But as far the working goes: hate it. Feel way less productive. Might feel different if my place was bigger. Wife and I are both working from home. Someone draws the short straw for a work spot. Wish I had a desktop computer too. Only a laptop. Really miss my double monitor in the office. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Anyone here who didn’t work from home until the COVID19 happened and now working from home. How are you liking it? 

Just curious 

I like it. My industry has slown down considerably so the workload compared to what it normally is at this time is probably 5%, but I can do everything from home that I normally would in an office.