This Ain't Raider Talk Baby!

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t drink at all (celiac disease) so despite being very Irish I never drank because I would get horrible Ill the day after sneaky some beers at a family party or drinking a in the woods as a kid.... I didn’t know I had CD til like ‘11... I just avoided drinking on my own.  
but I’ve had a few friends say it wasn’t anything super special, yet wasn’t bad.  It’s what you’d happily expect at that price point.  

that reminds me of one of my fav clips from the wire:

(We don’t allow Prod whiskey in our house)

You’re the last person I expected to have this in common with. Except mine came on in my 20’s so I had plenty of time to drink early on. I’m not Irish but I’m 1/3 Scottish, which has a similar culture. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How is everyone holding up during this pandemic?

Bored. Trying to find a home workout program and rearrange the garage into the new gym. Catching up on TV Shows and Movies. Playing fetch with the dog in the backyard a lot, etc. I’m out of work until non-essential businesses reopen. Still employed though. 

Fiancee is a Nurse so I expect I might get Covid at some point, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You’re the last person I expected to have this in common with. Except mine came on in my 20’s so I had plenty of time to drink early on. I’m not Irish but I’m 1/3 Scottish, which has a similar culture. 

I read the first 2 lines and blurted our “you have got to be kidding me...” scrolled up and it was you lmao.  

yeah obviously by the name (James Michael Kelly) I’m mostly Irish with a 1/8 Czeck/Slovak.  We ate so much potatoes we had no need for an enzyme to break down wheat/gluten lol.  I brutally suffered from it from like 9ish to 25?.  I went to every type of doctor as a kid but no one knew.  I got diagnosed with everything under the sun,,, just shows you how poor doctors can be.  Funny thing was my mother brother me to a herbalist, a guy who runs a health food and supplement store my freshman year of H.S. And he did some snake oil tests and came back with a wheat allergy.  I come from a ultra-Conservative family and we just laughed off the chookie liberal hippy’s diagnose for another 10-15 years.  Finally, my sister’s husbands a doctor And Italian (well was in training at the time) an told her to get tested (she’d get sick from all their food) and she tested positive for it.  I just stopped eating gluten and within 2 weeks my stomach issues (I’m talking bloody *** every day... I actually prayed a set of tests would just show stomach cancer... cuZ at least I’d know what it was finally),  acid reflux, etc etc they were all gone.  I started a 5-10 yr prison sentence about a month later and as you can imagine they only feed you gluten food cuz it’s cheap.  Luckily, I had money so I could subsist on commissary for the first 3-4 months before I could get my lawyer (shout out to Norman Pattis (Attorney for Futos Dolos, Alex Jones, Anna Gristina “Manhattan Soccermom Madem”) to threaten them with a lawsuit if I wasn’t given a special diet.  He had me eating stacks of burgers and home fries every meal.... it really was awesome.  It’s been like 8-10 years since I had any gluten.  I’m super careful.  I despise the fake Celiac’s (there are a ton of them) and don’t really bring it up often.  Everyone knows me just kinda knows at this point.  Eating out can be a thing sometimes but so many people are diagnose, fake it to even themselves, or are just on  GF diet that places have their own menus for it now.  I always feel like a puss ordering from it... I always stipulate to the waiter it’s a disease i’m not a *** lol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I thought it was smooth(probably better value out there for 20). I rarely drink, so it wasn't bad to me. I also like the aesthetic of the bottle in my kitchen. 

Yeah that’s what most people say... and it is a cool bottle.  My boy Conor’s getting filthy rich on that.  I saw a whiskey connoisseur’s youtube video that said he expects it to get better with time... whiskeys all about aging and over time they’ll have better product.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

@jimkelly02 People with Celiac can still drink Non-Grain Vodkas like Ciroc (made with grapes) and Titos (made with corn). You can also still have Gin (gross). 

I usually drink Ciroc, literally zero reaction. I rarely drink though. 

Thanks... yeah that’s the 2 everyone tells me when I tell them I can’t drink and i have celiac. I’ve just accepted I don’t like to drink or want to drink at this point.  I mean I took a sip of whiskey at the Jameson factory but besides that it’s been 20 years (15 to 35).  
I grew up around addicts, only 2 of my friends are alive at this point (2 of the three who didn’t drink and use drugs) so I just avoid drinking completely.  Plus, it’s one less thing my Probation Officer can make a stink about.  I’m almost off paper for the first time since 17 (besides a 6 month gap) and can finally pass a background check in 3 weeks... I’d rather just not drink.  I don’t mind people around me who do obviously .  My girl will drink when we go out.  But idk it’s just something I never really did in those early years so it’s not like i miss it.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Strange coincidences, I'm from Wales my Celtic cousins!!!! I had a Scottish grandmother, also used to live in Limerick in Southern Ireland for a short while.

We have the classic Celtic triple threat 😁😁  

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

see a lot of cheap stuff online, looking to maintain the gains, does anyone know a good company that isn’t sold out? I feel like there are a lot of websites that are fake too?? Looking to buy American made resistance bands? 🇺🇸 

Edited by Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

see a lot of cheap stuff online, looking to maintain the gains, does anyone know a good company that isn’t sold out? I feel like there are a lot of websites that are fake too?? Looking to buy American made resistance bands? 🇺🇸 

I haven't used it, but I think Amazon has like athlete stores where you could  find items they use to work out (link because it was kinda a pain to find again: https://www.amazon.com/s/browse?node=18201038011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=8MF8X07DTTQPK6WXQN5Y&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=84baf1cb-b3a5-4f40-be5b-27017126c993&pf_rd_i=19614678011 ) I saw Zac Efron had some recommended. I don't really shop online much, just came across these pages about a month ago and remembered them. Gronk had work out stuff as well and I assume others.

On 4/10/2020 at 8:03 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I read the first 2 lines and blurted our “you have got to be kidding me...” scrolled up and it was you lmao.  

yeah obviously by the name (James Michael Kelly) I’m mostly Irish with a 1/8 Czeck/Slovak.  We ate so much potatoes we had no need for an enzyme to break down wheat/gluten lol.  I brutally suffered from it from like 9ish to 25?.  I went to every type of doctor as a kid but no one knew.  I got diagnosed with everything under the sun,,, just shows you how poor doctors can be.  Funny thing was my mother brother me to a herbalist, a guy who runs a health food and supplement store my freshman year of H.S. And he did some snake oil tests and came back with a wheat allergy.  I come from a ultra-Conservative family and we just laughed off the chookie liberal hippy’s diagnose for another 10-15 years.  Finally, my sister’s husbands a doctor And Italian (well was in training at the time) an told her to get tested (she’d get sick from all their food) and she tested positive for it.  I just stopped eating gluten and within 2 weeks my stomach issues (I’m talking bloody *** every day... I actually prayed a set of tests would just show stomach cancer... cuZ at least I’d know what it was finally),  acid reflux, etc etc they were all gone.  I started a 5-10 yr prison sentence about a month later and as you can imagine they only feed you gluten food cuz it’s cheap.  Luckily, I had money so I could subsist on commissary for the first 3-4 months before I could get my lawyer (shout out to Norman Pattis (Attorney for Futos Dolos, Alex Jones, Anna Gristina “Manhattan Soccermom Madem”) to threaten them with a lawsuit if I wasn’t given a special diet.  He had me eating stacks of burgers and home fries every meal.... it really was awesome.  It’s been like 8-10 years since I had any gluten.  I’m super careful.  I despise the fake Celiac’s (there are a ton of them) and don’t really bring it up often.  Everyone knows me just kinda knows at this point.  Eating out can be a thing sometimes but so many people are diagnose, fake it to even themselves, or are just on  GF diet that places have their own menus for it now.  I always feel like a puss ordering from it... I always stipulate to the waiter it’s a disease i’m not a *** lol.

I have worked in restaurants most of my life and when someone says they need  gluten free diet the first thing I ask is whether it is Celiac disease.  If they say Celiac I will wash my my hands every time I touch their food and take every precaution.  What I try to tell people who have self diagnosed gluten sensitivity is to have their vitamin D checked.  Most people are just D deficient that causes a non Celiac allergy.  It can still suck but most can eventually get back to eating gluten.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I have worked in restaurants most of my life and when someone says they need  gluten free diet the first thing I ask is whether it is Celiac disease.  If they say Celiac I will wash my my hands every time I touch their food and take every precaution.  What I try to tell people who have self diagnosed gluten sensitivity is to have their vitamin D checked.  Most people are just D deficient that causes a non Celiac allergy.  It can still suck but most can eventually get back to eating gluten.

Interesting... I didn’t know that... I’ve had doctors recommend vitamin and supplements including vitD after I told them I had celiac’s but they never explained that part.  

maybe im an insensitive jerk, but I think 90% plus of people who have confirmed celiac don’t need hands being washed before touching their food, but that is respectful and nice you do that.  I can only talk for myself, but for 25+ years I ate bread, pizza, etc.  sure I was very sick and often, but I lived.  There are lots of people Out there that act like they’ll get sick if you don’t wash your hands.  But their husbands cereal is in the cabinets and breads in the fridge.  It’s not like a peanut allergy, we just can’t digest the protein in gluten.  A few trace particles of wheat get into our food all the time I’m sure.  It’s unavoidable.  I also think a lot of people fake it or falsely self diagnose.  

42 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Interesting... I didn’t know that... I’ve had doctors recommend vitamin and supplements including vitD after I told them I had celiac’s but they never explained that part.  

maybe im an insensitive jerk, but I think 90% plus of people who have confirmed celiac don’t need hands being washed before touching their food, but that is respectful and nice you do that.  I can only talk for myself, but for 25+ years I ate bread, pizza, etc.  sure I was very sick and often, but I lived.  There are lots of people Out there that act like they’ll get sick if you don’t wash your hands.  But their husbands cereal is in the cabinets and breads in the fridge.  It’s not like a peanut allergy, we just can’t digest the protein in gluten.  A few trace particles of wheat get into our food all the time I’m sure.  It’s unavoidable.  I also think a lot of people fake it or falsely self diagnose.  

The only way to tell about the Vitamin D is to have blood work and then start taking a supplement to get your levels up.  Even then you would slowly have to reintroduce gluten.  Even if that is not your issue you will at least protect your heart and limit your chances for respiratory illnesses.  I can normally tell when someone is trying to exclude Gluten just for weight loss like Keto diet.  I will laugh sometimes because they will order something that I know has gluten in it and I will ask if they have ever had it before.  When they say yes I have it all the time I just ignore their concerns the rest of the night.  I normally just do the hand washing thing because I do not want someone giving me the details of how severe their reactions are in front of everyone right before eating.