2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

Lets be real here. DRC is the second most proven/best corner on this team RIGHT NOW. Conley I love and I think he'll be great, but DRC is one year off a phenomenal season. He's not THAT old for a corner and can at the very worst be a good #4 corner. I'm very high on this move.

I like this signing. Not in love with it, but this is a solid rational move IMO.

DRC is a proven starter in this league and even last year he was a solid starting CB. The Giants cut him because of his salary, after he refused to take a big paycut. He is not a star CB at 32, who worth top money, but still a solid player.

He could come in as a security blanket behind Conley and Melvin after he got down the scheme, playbook since he is a really good fit to our scheme.

He is a big press CB and should be effective in this PG defense.

Both Conley and Melvin have injury concerns and Worley (the 3rd guy, who can play on the outside) has some NFL discipline concerns. Also DRC is better then Worley at this stage IMO.

With Conley ability to play in the slot too we might have a Conley-Melvin starting duo and a Melvin-DRC-Conley nickel trio IMO. That could be an upgrade over the Melvin-Worley-Conley or Conley-Melvin-Nelson/Hall trios.

Overall I think our D got better and most probably our cap situation stays managable maybe even for a Mack deal, however I would expect Mack to play on his 5th year option in 2018 and get a fr.tag in March and start the negotiation again then...

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What's that suppose to mean? DRC is a 32 year old corner who's best football is behind him. I don't think he offers much at this stage. 

It's your usual take on anything we do lately.  I get it.  I've said for years you're our most monotone poster on this site.  But man, I have a feeling of any other team had signed him it'd be a "good low-key signing".  But because it was us you devalue it.  I usually love your takes it just seems like you're unsatisfied with a lot lately.  No harm, just typical.  

DRC offers vet savvy at a reasonable price.  He'll definitely have more to offer than Hall at this point.  Worley is looking at a suspension, Conley hasn't proven a damn thing, and Melvin as far as I'm concerned is building on one good season where he missed time.  

Our corners are very unproven.  The more depth we have, the better.  Especially considering their injury history and legal issues.  DRC will not only make the team, but I am willing to bet he surprises.  

Meh that big pa.  Ya old coot.  ?

2 hours ago, Totty said:

It's your usual take on anything we do lately.  I get it.  I've said for years you're our most monotone poster on this site.  But man, I have a feeling of any other team had signed him it'd be a "good low-key signing".  But because it was us you devalue it.  I usually love your takes it just seems like you're unsatisfied with a lot lately.  No harm, just typical.  

I call it like I see it. I'm not a fan boy who lauds every move because it's "my team". I'm super high on this draft class and coaching staff. DRC is meh for me, because it doesn't change anything. I'm fine with the singing, just doesn't get me excited. Now a guy like Iilkoa would have been great signing. Younger and position fit. 

2 hours ago, Totty said:

Our corners are very unproven.  The more depth we have, the better.  Especially considering their injury history and legal issues.  DRC will not only make the team, but I am willing to bet he surprises.

I don't see how DRC at 32 is going to surprise anyone. He'll be savvy and play a role but I'm not expecting much they don't already have in the group.

7 hours ago, Totty said:

DRC offers vet savvy at a reasonable price.  He'll definitely have more to offer than Hall at this point.  Worley is looking at a suspension, Conley hasn't proven a damn thing, and Melvin as far as I'm concerned is building on one good season where he missed time.  

Meh that big pa.  Ya old coot.  ?

Meh I wanna see him in game action heard nyg wanted him to move to safety also so I wonder if it was due to decreased speed. I’ve always been a drc fan so we’ll see.

28 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Good corners dont sit on open market till 3rd week of preseason for no reason. I think some are overrating this signing. Its good cause we thin. But i expect drc to be average. 

Nah teams make mistakes all the time. Look at Crabtree getting like one or two offers 3 years ago.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I call it like I see it. I'm not a fan boy who lauds every move because it's "my team". I'm super high on this draft class and coaching staff. DRC is meh for me, because it doesn't change anything. I'm fine with the singing, just doesn't get me excited. Now a guy like Iilkoa would have been great signing. Younger and position fit. 

I don't see how DRC at 32 is going to surprise anyone. He'll be savvy and play a role but I'm not expecting much they don't already have in the group.

Hey BP you're stealing my gig.  :D

Archived