OBJ holding out for new contract

RaidersAreOne

Well! I for one am of the unshakeable belief that Odell Beckham jr., in addition to his brilliant play, has been a model of gentlemanly professional behavior, both on and off the field, during his time with the Giants (see examples below), and it will require another team's next 7 or 8 first-round draft picks to persuade New York to part with him. The fact that I am a Giants' fan has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion here; I am only speaking out in the interest of Truth, Justice, and The American Way!!

Image result for odell beckham jr behavior issues Image result for odell beckham jr behavior issuesImage result for odell beckham jr behavior issuesImage result for odell beckham jr behavior issuesImage result for odell beckham jr behavior issues

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It was, however, hilarious.

Yes, yes it was.

YJAU4w0.gif

As to the topic: I definitely think it's a long-shot he gets traded.  But if he did, I doubt anyone would give up a 1st for him, for all the reasons already stated in this thread.

27 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

If Landry is worth a 4th round pick, no way is OBJ worth a 1st round pick. I think the Giants would be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. Likely two 3rds or one 2nd gets it done.

You’re comparing a slow as molasses possession receiver, who set a record low for for YPC last year, to a playmaker who routinely takes 10 yard slants 50 yards to the house.  

He’s worth way more than anyone can offer.  This is all a moot point because the Giants would be crazy to trade a 25 year old who is a top 3 receiver in the league.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

You’re comparing a slow as molasses possession receiver, who set a record low for for YPC last year, to a playmaker who routinely takes 10 yard slants 50 yards to the house.  

He’s worth way more than anyone can offer.  This is all a moot point because the Giants would be crazy to trade a 25 year old who is a top 3 receiver in the league.

I'm using him as a reference point. Landry went for a 4th Round Pick. Considering OBJ is coming off an injury and has off the field issues, I can't see him going for more than a 2nd round pick. 

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I'm using him as a reference point. Landry went for a 4th Round Pick. Considering OBJ is coming off an injury and has off the field issues, I can't see him going for more than a 2nd round pick. 

Landry was tagged and Miami had no intentions of actually keeping him on the roster. Odell is on his 5th year option. Completely different scenarios. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

2 guys coming off major injuries ?

Go hard or go home, right? 

When healthy, Allen is a boarderline elite talent and Beckham is an elite talent. I have to think both are game ready right now, they've had ample time to rehab and recover.

Archived