Who gets drafted lower or higher then expected

49erurtaza

Every year we may hype a player up or hear a player is expected to go in a certain round. But every year theres always a surprise player in the top 10 or a player who we expect to go top 10 drops to the end of the 1st. 

The one guy i think who won't go top 10 is Minkah Fitzpatrick. It's not a knock on him I think the value of QB will drop him out of the top 10 and wouldn't surprise me if he's the 2nd safety taken.

Any players you might think will be drafted higher or lower ?

Yeah, Fitzpatrick seems like he might drop. Such a great talent but QB needy teams may push him out of the top 10. Calvin Ridley too looked like a top 10 pick in some early mocks I saw but he's falling now and is closer to top 20.

20 minutes ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Given recent events/rumors, gotta say Lamar is going to go later than expected (than he should?)

As far as higher...maybe one of the tackles (Miller, O'Neill, etc) or EDGE players (Hubbard or Carter come to mind), just based on positional value

Yeah I agree I can see Lamar falling early to mid 2nd round and being the 6th QB off the board. 

Raquan Smith won’t go in the top 15 based on his medical concerns and lack of length. Fitzpatrick probably won’t go top 10. I can see Lorenzo Carter sneaking into the first round possibly to New England or another team high on his ability to rush the passer when he’s asked to do more of that than he was at Georgia. 

I wouldnt use a first on Josh Jackson but that’s a conversation better suited for a different thread.

Considering that there's been a lot of talk about Barkley going in the top few picks, I guess I'll say him. I think Tampa is his most likely destination.

I suppose it's possible he could go as early as #2, but I think it much more likely the Giants trade out of that spot.

Both Miami DT's RJ McIntosh and Kendrick Norton will go high.

Could see late 1st/early 2nd for McIntosh and late 2nd/early 3rd for Norton. Both are really underrated. Inconsistent, but both have the tools to be elite DT's in the NFL and dominated certain games against great competition. Especially McIntosh. He gets thrown around a little bit too often for my liking, but his flashes were unbelievable. I'm honestly shocked he hasn't gotten more run on here recently. His tape is phenomenal. Has quite a few lowlights, but his highlight tape for an interior DL makes him look like Richard Seymour. If he can improve his conditioning and learn to play with a better pad level consistently, we are looking at a future all-pro 3-Tech.

Norton is a powerfully built NT with pass rush ability. He is better rushing the passer than he is as a consistent run defender, but he's got every ability to become one of the NFL's best interior DL. Like McIntosh, played great against great competition for the most part. Also seems to have some conditioning issues, as he's washed out on double teams later on in games or on long drives. He's more of a 1-gap NT than he is a 2-gapper.

I think Minkah slides into the teens. I think Anthony Miller might sneak into the late 1st round. Probably won't go later than the early 2nd.

IMO.... Harold Landry-Edge will end up going in the top 10 to either Chicago (8... but only if Nelson-OG isn't on the board) or San Fran (9)..... That's much higher than most are predicting him currently.  I think the lowest he drops is Green Bay @ 14 ..... Which is still higher than many mocks have him right now.

I'm afraid of this but I think LVE and Hubbard may go top 20. LVE top 12. I think Roqoan drops to the late teens, hopefully not 19. 

Lamar Jackson drops to the 2nd day possibly 3rd round because his mom is keeping him hostage. 

Nelson stays top 15 but early teens. I don't there is enough about him to warrant a top 10 pick considering team needs of the top 10 and the other prospects available.

I really hope Lamar Jackson slips to the end of the first round. Would love to see him picked at 27 by the Saints. He would have a year or 2 to develop while Brees is the starter. He would also fall into a great situation with a very talented OL, and have excellent weapons in guys like Kamara/Thomas. I think Sean Payton is a creative enough coach to make adjustments to suit a guy like Jackson. 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I really hope Lamar Jackson slips to the end of the first round. Would love to see him picked at 27 by the Saints. He would have a year or 2 to develop while Brees is the starter. He would also fall into a great situation with a very talented OL, and have excellent weapons in guys like Kamara/Thomas. I think Sean Payton is a creative enough coach to make adjustments to suit a guy like Jackson. 

Don't be too sure. They would have to overhaul that offense to suit Jackson. They did to suit Brees. But if Lamar has to learn for a year or two under Brees and then him retire. Jackson is not gonna be able to do what Brees did. So there may be an adjustment period of maybe a year or 2 to cater to his strengths and hide his weaknesses. And that's if he is everything you hope for. Might be ideal to root for Baker to drop who is much more ideal for that offense. 

While I'd also love Baker as well, I doubt he falls to 27. As for the adjustments for the Saints, I don't think it would be that bad. Last year we started to switch up our offense from the pass heavy offense it has been in years past to a balanced attack with our awesome RB duo in Ingram/Kamara. If you look at the Texans last year with 2 QB's that were nothing alike in Savage/Watson, or the Cowboys with Romo/Prescott the year prior, it didn't take much of an adjustment period. I think Jackson is on the same talent level as Watson, but I'm also higher on Jackson than many are.

Same theory goes true with the Saints. Jackson would have a very creative coach that would be able to adapt to Jackson's strengths. He would also have an All Pro RB in Kamara to make things easier, a great WR in Thomas as a security blanket, and a very talented OL. Jackson doesn't have to be Brees and I can't imagine any other QB's could live up to that in this draft either. However I do think Payton would let Lamar Jackson be Lamar Jackson, and that is an ideal outcome to get the best out of Jackson's unique skillset.

Archived