Eagles sign TE Richard Rodgers

SteelKing728

7 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Pretty terrible. He is a redzone receiving threat . There are a few late round blocking TE's in the draft I imagine they look at 

Pretty terrible as a blocker, you're right, @EaglesPeteC, but the man can sure block out a score of music! I would venture to say that his composing talents alone will provide an upgrade to the Eagles; who knows? Richard Rodgers MAY end up writing them a Fight Song better than "Hail, To The Redskins!"

Their collaboration produced many well-known songs, including "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'", "People Will Say We're in Love", "Oklahoma!" (which also became the state song of Oklahoma), "If I Loved You", "You'll Never Walk Alone", "It Might as Well Be Spring", "Some Enchanted Evening", "Getting to Know You", "My Favorite Things", "The Sound of Music", "Sixteen Going on Seventeen", "Climb Ev'ry Mountain", "Do-Re-Mi", and "Edelweiss"

(Looks like he's ready to suit up and go, right now!)

Richard Rodgers
Rodgers.jpg

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

@jrry32 @stl4life07 @Non-Issue

Can you guys do your part in this rivalry and denounce this move, Howie Roseman, the greater area of Philadelphia, and just how good Doug looks in jeans please?

All we have is @MKnight82 for rivals, since @Matts4313 quit the site, and he checked out once the Alex Smith trade hit twitter.

We are close to 10 threads turned into just and Eagles v Rams on this punch card, then we get a free small coffee or 2 hash browns free.

I like what the Eagles are doing. I want to see Wentz and Jeffery healthy for the season. I want the Eagles to be at their very very best....so the Rams can crush them lol.

Seriously though, Rodgers was the only real promising TE ARod had in GB in recent memory. I think Wentz is going to be glad to have him as an addition to the team next to Ertz whom I really like.

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I like what the Eagles are doing. I want to see Wentz and Jeffery healthy for the season. I want the Eagles to be at their very very best....so the Rams can crush them lol.

Seriously though, Rodgers was the only real promising TE ARod had in GB in recent memory. I think Wentz is going to be glad to have him as an addition to the team next to Ertz whom I really like.

^^ this cant be a serious post, right? Rodgers is awful. At best he’s a below average TE 2.

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Image result for that word does not mean what you think

If Rodgers was "Promising" damn near every player on their roster was "promising". 

5 hours ago, bzane said:

Pretty terrible as a blocker, you're right, @EaglesPeteC, but the man can sure block out a score of music! I would venture to say that his composing talents alone will provide an upgrade to the Eagles; who knows? Richard Rodgers MAY end up writing them a Fight Song better than "Hail, To The Redskins!"

Their collaboration produced many well-known songs, including "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'", "People Will Say We're in Love", "Oklahoma!" (which also became the state song of Oklahoma), "If I Loved You", "You'll Never Walk Alone", "It Might as Well Be Spring", "Some Enchanted Evening", "Getting to Know You", "My Favorite Things", "The Sound of Music", "Sixteen Going on Seventeen", "Climb Ev'ry Mountain", "Do-Re-Mi", and "Edelweiss"

(Looks like he's ready to suit up and go, right now!)

Richard Rodgers
Rodgers.jpg

He looks and plays bigger in pads.  :D

9 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Can you guys do your part in this rivalry and denounce this move, Howie Roseman, the greater area of Philadelphia, and just how good Doug looks in jeans please?

All we have is @MKnight82 for rivals, since @Matts4313 quit the site, and he checked out once the Alex Smith trade hit twitter.

We are close to 10 threads turned into just and Eagles v Rams on this punch card, then we get a free small coffee or 2 hash browns free.

I denounce this move. I can't believe you all are paying him what you are paying him. Total bust. Who is stearing this sinking ship?

The Eagles got lucky last year. The better team lost. Foles is clearly a better QB than Wentz. Goff is better than both, and better looking than both. You lost everyone that matters this off season. Pat's, Geno's, Steve's, Jim's, John's and Dalessandro's are all overrated. The Liberty Bell is overrated. Betsy Ross is overrated.

And the Eagles are overrated because they could get injured. 

200.gif

18 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I’m not trying to sound like a fan who trashed his players after they leave, but there’s no ounce of me who misses RR one bit. 

I'm not trying to sound like some kind of grammar wiz kid - but "there’s no ounce of me who misses RR one bit" is redundant.

You'd aready quantified the amount (as an ounce) so theres no need to refer to it again as a bit.

"There's no ounce of me who misses RR" - would have been enough.

(Its a slow day........)

:)

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not trying to sound like some kind of grammar wiz kid - but "there’s no ounce of me who misses RR one bit" is redundant.

You'd aready quantified the amount (as an ounce) so theres no need to refer to it again as a bit.

"There's no ounce of me who misses RR" - would have been enough.

(Its a slow day........)

:)

Lol true that. That’s something I pay extra attention to when I write as well.

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

@Spartacus @pollino14 From everything I heard there was excitement within the organization for him.

I mean hes a perfect organization guy. Works hard and is consistent (Mediocre).  If it wasn't for the complete lack of talent at TE for the Packers and the hail mary in Detroit I doubt anyone would know who he is. 

Hes got good hands and that's about it. Isn't a good blocker, poor route runner, and he is slow. He is an extremely good teammate however and he will work hard every day. Hes just not a good football player. 

In all seriousness ..Meh move. 

Richard Rodgers was basically only known by anyone because of that other Rodgers who plays QB...

If Martellus Bennett wasnt such an idiot Id want us to sign him. We need someone(s) to fill both Celek and Treys roles....Celek as a blocking TE who can also occasionally run routes and Trey was the sort of swiss knife kinda guy. Can line up in the slot..stay inside and chip block. Catch short throws/outs...

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

This was a terrible signing.  Richard Rodgers sounds like Aaron Rodgers drunk, fatter uncle.  Your GM should be ashamed.  May God have mercy on his soul.

Archived