The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

11 hours ago, whitehops said:

i wasn't arguing that the discussion was off-topic, just making a joke how 0.01% of debates online actually change people's minds. 

You always have to be willing to change your mind to actually do it.  And it's hard to change anyone's mind once it's been ingrained.  I always find myself wanting to be open to changing my own mind, but it's really difficult.  LOL!

And to PCP's point, employment at will has it's plusses and minuses, as does the union.  I worked for the state, but in an employment at will capacity, so I got no benefits from the union, they couldn't bargain on my behalf and I didn't have that "security" that they provide...so I got both promoted and demoted while I was there, just as any other "at-will" employee and was never given a reason for the demotion.    

I've never worked for a union, but much of my family did in working as a painter and for the painter's union up in Minneapolis.  The union, when it's at it's strongest position, can bargain for those things that an individual alone would find it difficult to do.  The unions have their place in the world today, it's just different things that they would need to bargain for (in most instances).

As far as the Vikings go, it's unfortunate, but the NFL Coaches Association is not a union, so they can't bargain on the behalf of the coaches, so the Vikings can do whatever they want.  Dennison's agent is the only one that can bargain on his behalf, and I'm not sure he would have the clout to be able to overcome Zimmer not wanting to have such a disruption in his staff and how they do things to satisfy one individual's reluctance to take the vaccine.  He doesn't have to, it's his team and his coaches serve at his pleasure...ala POTUS.

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Interesting

Does that mean dozier isn't part of the competition? 

I imagine he's still technically competing for the LG job, although I imagine that would be more in a backup role...which is where he belongs, if he's on the team at all.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:
Putting Dennison at the advisor position is the move I wanted to see them make all along. 

I agree.  Especially with Klint taking over, just as it was with Stefanski, he needs a veteran voice to help him along...and Dennison can provide that voice, even if he's not anywhere near the skill of Gary...but Gary and Rico certainly have been tied at the hip for over 30 years, so he's the best alternative.  

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I agree.  Especially with Klint taking over, just as it was with Stefanski, he needs a veteran voice to help him along...and Dennison can provide that voice, even if he's not anywhere near the skill of Gary...but Gary and Rico certainly have been tied at the hip for over 30 years, so he's the best alternative.  

And it’s not like Gary isn’t close by 

7 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

What do we think about Ezra at left tackle if Christian Darrisaw and Rashod Hill don't work out. 2nd round pick is nothing to forget about.

Cleveland is the starting LG, I’m leaving him there. 

Hill has been around long enough and showed enough in his spot duty that I’m not worried about him starting. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Cleveland is the starting LG, I’m leaving him there. 

Hill has been around long enough and showed enough in his spot duty that I’m not worried about him starting. 

And Rashod Hill has already "worked out", since he's entering his 6th year here and is 29 yrs old.  While he ain't Ogden, he's our OT version of Joe Berger. He's a guy now that you don't have to worry about, provides good value and experienced depth and is a competent starter if needed.  

I’d expect an O’Neill extension to come soon, and look very similar to Smith’s. 

Smith’s deal is a 4 year, $72M extension with $42M guaranteed. Similar deal to Taylor Moton, and what we should expect to see given to Brian O’Neill. 

Edited by SemperFeist

49 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d expect an O’Neill extension to come soon, and look very similar to Smith’s. 

Smith’s deal is a 4 year, $72M extension with $42M guaranteed. Similar deal to Taylor Moton, and what we should expect to see given to Brian O’Neill. 

Colts really nailed those picks, Smith at 2.37 and Darius Leonard at 2.36.

Hopefully we'll see something similar to those deals.

Ruascher was Bill Callahan’s assistant OL coach in Washington before coming to Minnesota under Dennison. 

Given Callahan’s tremendous overall ability as an OL coach, and Dennison’s high ability as a zone blocking run game coordinator, Rauscher has been learning under some very good coaches.