The Often Overbearing, But Otherwise Ordinary Offensive Line

SemperFeist

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's again my issue with this. Us fans should be consistent. The NFL is a business and they can pretty much kick you out for any reason they can think of.

Sucks for Dennison but he had to see it coming.

Agreed, honestly if his choice is not get the vaccine then yeah say bye bye to your job.  Crazy that he was probably offered the chance of keeping his job if he got vaccinated and he choose losing his job instead.  Not a huge loss, Phil Rauscher has been under him for awhile and knows his system and only reason he was brought in anyway was because of Kubiak and the Vikings want to start running the ball better.  Take Kubiak out of the scenario and Dennison would have never been brought in anyway.  

And not like Dennison's OL was amazing last year obviously so maybe a new voice will be a good change.  Still crazy if he literally decided to lose his job as a NFL coach (and possibly might lose his career) over getting a vaccine. 

I still do not get it, COVID-19 is still rampant around the world, thousands are still dying from it and the only real light at the end of the tunnel is the vaccine.  Sure it is not "proven" in terms of side effects long term, but what is your other option people?   Have COVID-19 around the world forever until it kills absolutely every single person it can and even then it would still constantly be around and nothing would stop it.  Vaccine is stupid?  Good for the NFL for taking a stand to not only protect lives potentially but also protect their business and ability to make money which is what most businesses would do. If employees buck the rules put in place then bye to your career, they can go play or coach in the XFL when it starts up again for the millionth time.  Had the same issues with masks and people had a **** fit over that as well.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed, honestly if his choice is not get the vaccine then yeah say bye bye to your job.  Crazy that he was probably offered the chance of keeping his job if he got vaccinated and he choose losing his job instead.  Not a huge loss, Phil Rauscher has been under him for awhile and knows his system and only reason he was brought in anyway was because of Kubiak and the Vikings want to start running the ball better.  Take Kubiak out of the scenario and Dennison would have never been brought in anyway.  

And not like Dennison's OL was amazing last year obviously so maybe a new voice will be a good change.  Still crazy if he literally decided to lose his job as a NFL coach (and possibly might lose his career) over getting a vaccine. 

I still do not get it, COVID-19 is still rampant around the world, thousands are still dying from it and the only real light at the end of the tunnel is the vaccine.  Sure it is not "proven" in terms of side effects long term, but what is your other option people?   Have COVID-19 around the world forever until it kills absolutely every single person it can and even then it would still constantly be around and nothing would stop it.  Vaccine is stupid?  Good for the NFL for taking a stand to not only protect lives potentially but also protect their business and ability to make money which is what most businesses would do. If employees buck the rules put in place then bye to your career, they can go play or coach in the XFL when it starts up again for the millionth time.  Had the same issues with masks and people had a **** fit over that as well.

But it should be your right. If you are vaccinated, you shouldn’t be worried what other people are doing. If your vaccinated, you should be safe  no matter what. Right.. Or are you a little worried that it might not be true?

Bottom line, you should never lose your job over a vaccine shot period..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

So much for equal right?? I’m sure Dennison has a family like most of us do, and he has been fired because of a choice that affects no one else because no one ( and I mean know one!!! ) knows  the side effects from the vaccine. 

But, the NFL will reinstate trash. ( Josh Gordon by the way) who has violated drug use multiple times. 

That’s great to explain to your kids.. Do drugs, we will keep letting you back in.

NFL is turning into a joke anymore…

Not getting the vaccine affects other people. The vaccine isn’t 100 percent effective. Infecting other unvaccinated people is still affecting other people.

Edited by Worm Guts

5 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

So much for equal right?? I’m sure Dennison has a family like most of us do, and he has been fired because of a choice that affects no one else because no one ( and I mean know one!!! ) knows  the side effects from the vaccine. 

But, the NFL will reinstate trash. ( Josh Gordon by the way) who has violated drug use multiple times. 

That’s great to explain to your kids.. Do drugs, we will keep letting you back in.

You just compared a man who uses cannabis to cope with his mental health. The same "drug" that is legal in 19 states and growing every year.

You compared that to making a choice about a vaccine that is being used to stop a global pandemic.

A vaccine that has be statistically proven to curb the spread.

The willful ignorance in this world is mind blowing.

Edited by twslhs20
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

They gave dennison the right to not get the vaccine. In return the vikings flexed their right to not put themselves at a competitive advantage.

Not getting the vaccine is a selfish and an uninformed decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viking said:

They gave dennison the right to not get the vaccine. In return the vikings flexed their right to not put themselves at a competitive advantage.

Not getting the vaccine is a selfish and an uninformed decision.

I was just wondering🤔. Are all the players not vaccinated gonna get fired as well? 

No wait, they don’t have to get the vaccine. But I thought this country was all about being EQUAL!! 

im now done on this subject because everyone has there own opinion. Good people losing jobs just not right but this now the new way of the world…

6 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

You just compared a man who uses cannabis to cope with his mental health. The same "drug" that is legal in 19 states and growing every year.

You compared that to making a choice about a vaccine that is being used to stop a global pandemic.

A vaccine that has be statistically proven to curb the spread.

The willful ignorance in this world is mind blowing.

Agreed, not to mention the Minnesota Vikings and the entire NFL greatly depend on things going on as normal and fans being able to come to games and people not getting sick and players not getting sick and infected.  The Vikings lost an estimated $92 million last year in game day revenue and possibly more accurately the NFL in general lost around $4 billion dollars.  Wonder why they have this vaccine want for the coaches, yeah it is kind of a big deal.  Still no clue how the NFL did not lost more money than that but good for them.

Just as employers can make employees take a drug test or get specific licenses, they can also do this because they are the employer and why not try to protect the business and try to get things back to normal.  Still it is shocking that some are choosing not to work and or play in the NFL just because of a shot, last time I checked it is not easy to work or play in the NFL and there are tons of people waiting in line to do so if they choose to leave.  

The "don't tell me how to live my life" attitude at times in this country is pretty crazy.

To disseminate ourselves from the politics of this: Has anyone talked about how Rick Dennison was a complete liability as a coach? This change instantly puts the development of Wyatt Davis and Christian Darrisaw (as well as the other young O-Linemen) in much better shape. It also likely means that our best O-Line combination will be starting sooner, if not week one.

At this point besides kicking and health, I'm starting to wonder what could derail the Vikings this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

To disseminate ourselves from the politics of this: Has anyone talked about how Rick Dennison was a complete liability as a coach? This change instantly puts the development of Wyatt Davis and Christian Darrisaw (as well as the other young O-Linemen) in much better shape. It also likely means that our best O-Line combination will be starting sooner, if not week one.

At this point besides kicking and health, I'm starting to wonder what could derail the Vikings this season.

True, Dennison does not have a great track record with us in terms of OL production so is probably good they are going for a change.  They are lucky to have Phil Rauscher though who has been with Dennison and Kubiak for awhile, knows the system, is younger and was a OL coach in Washington before he came here to be Dennison's assistant.  So maybe the writing was already on the wall and Dennison was looking to retire anyway....

Think about Dennison's choice though, he is 63 years old and has 27 years of NFL coaching experience which is his entire career right now.  Made what is assumed to be about $1 mil a year with his years in coaching and coordinator position on the Vikings.  So turn all of that down because you will not get a vaccine?  Dude has some balls I must say, throw all that away and for what exactly?  

But again maybe he wanted to retire anyway and was like I do not really care either way.

Good to have a new guy in there, see if he can develop these players a little better and improve their pass protection with some new concepts and ideas.  

I do not follow the guy on youtube but curious he had this posted a month ago so again maybe the writing was on the wall and anyone with eyes can see the OL has not been great.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vikes22 said:

Lololol