Top 28 QBs

Scout

On 4/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Anyone who currently has Jimmy Garrappolo and Alex Smith ahead of Big Ben and Rivers shouldnt be taken seriously.

Dont get me wrong, the constant kneejerks on here are always adorable....but they arent logical.

Not like you're biased or anything. Alex is consistently more accurate and takes better care of the football than Rivers and Ben. I understand your argument with Jimmy, however this is a projection for 2018. 

On 4/14/2018 at 2:29 PM, Scout said:

Not like you're biased or anything. Alex is consistently more accurate and takes better care of the football than Rivers and Ben. I understand your argument with Jimmy, however this is a projection for 2018. 

A projection based on a laughably small sample size and not good enough to put him above those guys either.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, kyle21121 said:

Wow the disrespect for Rivers is real. It’s hilarious seeing some of the names people are listing ahead of him. 

Rivers suffers from the same perception issues Romo did. He’s been around for awhile and been just under that elite status. So the consistently elite and the younger more exciting guys get more consideration 

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Rivers suffers from the same perception issues Romo did. He’s been around for awhile and been just under that elite status. So the consistently elite and the younger more exciting guys get more consideration 

So you're telling me that Rivers will be the GOAT color commentator in a couple of years?

On 4/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, Scout said:

For obvious reasons, didn't feel comfortable ranking Mahomes, Sam Bradford, Teddy, McCarron

#1. Tom Brady
#2. Aaron Rodgers
#3. Drew Brees
#4. Matt Ryan
#5. Carson Wentz
#6. Matthew Stafford
#7. Russell Wilson 
#8. Jimmy Garoppolo 
#9. Alex Smith 
#10. Ben Roethlisberger
#11. Philip Rivers
#12. Kirk Cousins 
#13. Andrew Luck
#14. Derek Carr
#15. Cam Newton 
#16. Mitchell Trubisky
#17. Jared Goff
#18. Case Keenum
#19. Jameis Winston 
#20. Deshaun Watson 
#21. Dak Prescott
#22. Ryan Tannehill 
#23. Tyrod Taylor 
#24. Marcus Mariota
#25. Blake Bottles
#26. Andy Dalton 
#27. Eli Manning
#28. Joe Flacco 

As a Vikings fan give me Andrew Luck, Derek Carr, Cam Newton all freaking day over Kirk Cousins, and I do not even like Derek Carr.  There is just no way Cousins is better than Luck unless you think Luck will be injured the rest of his career.  And with Newton you think the Vikings would take Cousins over Newton this year?  I am pretty sure even with Newton not being the best passer in the world they would be big time Super Bowl favorites if they had Cam Newton at QB over cousins.  

Could also arguably potentially for Manning, Flacco, Watson, Winston, Dalton or Goff over Cousins also.  Some debate here with them though but Flacco and Manning are obviously more playoff proven than Cousins and if one is just looking at that I might lean their way.  Heck Dalton is pretty similar to Cousins but with similar lack of true playoff success.  And sure Winston is still up in the air but is arguably a better leader than Cousins and is a more likable teammate but will see.  Maybe Cousins will take it to another level with a better team surrounding him.  Cousins does come off as a little overly communicative to the point of annoying a little and does have odd bursts of rage and or intensity I am not sure which.  Sure is better than what we have though here last year so that is a plus, still over Luck...ummm no.  

I prefer tiers over lists, just cause of how much arguing there is over "omg why is this guy 11th and this guy 9th" as if that implies there's some gigantic gap between them, or that it's worth arguing over. Also with that said, there's no specific order inside these tiers, just listing them as they come to my head:

Tier 1 -

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

Tier 2 -

Ryan

Wilson

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Tier 3 -

Luck(if healthy)

Stafford

Mariota

Cousins

Wentz(tier 2 if last years play continues, but I struggle ranking people highly off of one year)

Carr

Newton

Goff

Prescott(that 2nd half of last season has me seriously concerned though, almost enough to drop him to 4)

Tier 4 -

Smith(Maybe belongs in tier 3? I dunno whether to blame him or Reid for him going in to a shell late in games as much as he did in KC. I guess we'll get a chance to see in Washington)

Winston

Keenum

Tannehill

Dalton

Taylor

Tier 5 -

Manning(I feel like he's better than this, and wouldn't be shocked if his play this coming season makes this ranking look stupid, but last year was dreadful at times)

Bortles

Tier 6 -

Flacco(The answer to the question of "how long can you be awful at QB after winning a superbowl before they finally replace you?" will have another season added to it this year. Fascinating.)

Tier I need to see more -

Watson

Jimmy G

Trubisky

I think that's everyone worth listing...but maybe I forgot someone.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Scout said:

For obvious reasons, didn't feel comfortable ranking Mahomes, Sam Bradford, Teddy, McCarron

#1. Tom Brady
#2. Aaron Rodgers
#3. Drew Brees
#4. Matt Ryan
#5. Carson Wentz
#6. Matthew Stafford
#7. Russell Wilson 
#8. Jimmy Garoppolo 
#9. Alex Smith 
#10. Ben Roethlisberger
#11. Philip Rivers
#12. Kirk Cousins 
#13. Andrew Luck
#14. Derek Carr
#15. Cam Newton 
#16. Mitchell Trubisky
#17. Jared Goff
#18. Case Keenum
#19. Jameis Winston 
#20. Deshaun Watson 
#21. Dak Prescott
#22. Ryan Tannehill 
#23. Tyrod Taylor 
#24. Marcus Mariota
#25. Blake Bottles
#26. Andy Dalton 
#27. Eli Manning
#28. Joe Flacco 

Are you a Bears fan?

On 4/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, game3525 said:

His INT% effectively reverted back to where it was in 2015. 

Why is Jimmy G higher, he played 5 games? Smith, I can at least see (granted no coach is taking Smith over Rivers), but Jimmy G? I like the guy, but I have never seen a QB get this much hype after a 5 game run

While I see that we both agree in principle... do you not remember Dak? By like week 3 people were ready to anoint him successor to Brady and ranking him in the top 5 active QBs. lol Glad to see people cooled off on him. I'm sure after a season, Jimmy G's hype will mellow out and we can reassess where he's placed. But the Jimmy G hype train has nothing on the Dak attack I had to endure (maybe not on here, but out in the world). xD

17 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Tier 3 -

Luck(if healthy)

Stafford

Mariota

Cousins

Wentz(tier 2 if last years play continues, but I struggle ranking people highly off of one year)

Carr

Newton

Goff

Prescott(that 2nd half of last season has me seriously concerned though, almost enough to drop him to 4)

You're really putting Mariota in Tier 3? I understand you're a titans fan but c'mon man. If you're going to write what you did in regards to Prescott, then Mariota absolutely belongs in Tier 4.

Archived