Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Could be. But it's like they expected him to get (for example) a 2 year $30 million dollar deal - and no one is biting. So now his price drops. Now he's floating around a 1 year prove it for $10 million. Maybe now, yes, you would consider him back. But originally, you weren't because of what you expected market demand at.

I have no insight into where his numbers are, just using examples. 

I totally agree with you. Same thing with Boogie Cousins.

Chris Broussard Says There’s No Market for Free Agent DeMarcus Cousins

https://theteam980.com/124574/chris-broussard-says-theres-no-market-for-free-agent-demarcus-cousins/#.XR-FWzPSCH8.twitter

Bad attitude, injuries and poor work ethic will get you there. Boogie is insanely talented but teams are scared to trust him considering his attitude for so long sucked. Somebody will pay him nothing and he’ll kill it and be traded for a nice haul at the deadline. The wizards should get in on this. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The NBA is a joke. 

I actually love this. There is more parity now. It should be an exciting few years like the NBA used to be last decade before the super teams started to be formed w/ the Celtics and then the Lebron’s. 

There are no super teams now that the Warriors broke up.

The only thing I could see happening is somehow the Lakers trade for Westbrook, but other than Kuzma, they don't have anything to offer.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Uh, if they were offering the same package, we should have done it.....

I don’t know. I’m still in the Beal camp. He’s taken over as the true centerpiece of the Wizards in my eyes over the last year bc of the Wall injury. I’d like to keep Beal and see if we can build around him with these young guys and other to come in the next few drafts.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Uh, if they were offering the same package, we should have done it.....

No way it would’ve been the same — George is clearly the much better player, and more importantly is someone good enough to get Kawhi on board. Woj mentioned Jrue Holiday in the same sentence as Beal in the original article, which I think gives some insight into the way both of those guys were viewed (backup plans).

But it still would’ve been worth considering even if it wasn’t that giant haul. The Clippers had a surprisingly large number of major assets in their arsenal. 

• Like 1

With Leonard gone from Toronto, I wonder if they’ll revisit the Ujiri conversations now. 

He and Kawhi evidently had a great relationship, and they would have had a shot at the repeat if Kawhi had stuck around. Now that he’s moved on, though, one would have to think that job has lost a lot of its luster. May be time for Ujiri to pivot and move on to his next step...