Are the four best teams in the NFC?

patriotsheatyan

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, Jlowe22 said:

That's accurate, but remember also that all three games(the two Vikes and one Rams) were road games for the Saints. The Saints also beat the Panthers soundly three times last year, who beat the Patriots and the Vikes.

All three teams have legitimate arguments is all I'm saying, the Saints no less so than Rams or Vikes.  People claiming Saints are clearly better than either are wrong and people claiming the opposite are wrong.  They're evenly matched IMO.  Actually,  I feel like a lot of NFC teams are pretty evenly matched and it's going to be a tough conference.  The Eagles being the only team that has a convincing argument for being better than the rest. 

Panthers only won due to piss poor refereeing (sp?) against the Vikings.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:24 PM, TENINCH said:

Panthers only won due to piss poor refereeing (sp?) against the Vikings.

What?

Vikings - 2 penalties (30 yards)

Panthers - 6 penalties (48 yards)

Panthers beat you because the Panthers were/are a very good team.  I don't know why we feel the need to discredit them (despite the fact they have had more consistent success than almost every team being mentioned in this thread, but alas), especially with something that isn't true.  Vikings didn't get robbed.  

On 4/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jlowe22 said:

That's accurate, but remember also that all three games(the two Vikes and one Rams) were road games for the Saints. The Saints also beat the Panthers soundly three times last year, who beat the Patriots and the Vikes.

I wouldn't say you "soundly" beat us in the playoffs.  We only lost by 5 points despite an early missed field goal and forced a 3 and out to give us a chance at a game winning drive.  The first two times for sure (but we were also missing Olsen those two games), but it was very close in the playoffs.  

On 18/04/2018 at 6:35 PM, Danger said:

Lets remember that it's arguable that all four teams being referred to in the NFC have improved on paper, while the Patriots very much have regressed. 

Very much regressed? Don't see that. It's probably a loss in some positions, but either a net gain or remain the same overall. We're getting injured defensive players back, plus a couple of new players who were starters on other teams, and we've replaced offensive losses. Last season was one of the worst Pats teams I can remember. 

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Very much regressed? Don't see that. It's probably a loss in some positions, but either a net gain or remain the same overall. We're getting injured defensive players back, plus a couple of new players who were starters on other teams, and we've replaced offensive losses. Last season was one of the worst Pats teams I can remember. 

To me the Pats are improved almost everywhere except WR until we know how good Edelman comes back. I expect a trade for another LB before the season starts. The only issue I see is no room for error at the most important position.

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I wouldn't say you "soundly" beat us in the playoffs.  We only lost by 5 points despite an early missed field goal and forced a 3 and out to give us a chance at a game winning drive.  The first two times for sure (but we were also missing Olsen those two games), but it was very close in the playoffs.  

Yes, the third time was close.

It’s crazy that NE being a division champ, is still seen by Vegas as having one of the easiest upcoming schedules.   It speaks to the difference in upper-tier teams (and I’d argue top-half teams) in each conference. Each team plays their intra-conference peer (1st plays 1st) as the 2 extra games.  

Vegas really sees a huge difference between the conferences and doesn’t think much of the AFCE.   I think the Jets and Bills are finally headed in the right direction but it’s ominous to bet again Vegas.   

Archived