Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Any word on league or team discipline? 

Well, if Elliott got 6 gm for hearsay and questionable accuser....Foster is probably looking at permanent? 

Whatever the case, pretty big blow to 9ers, would imagine they were probably planning for worst case scenario though.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, if Elliott got 6 gm for hearsay and questionable accuser....Foster is probably looking at permanent? 

Yeah, no kidding. I don't know if the NFL itself will impose a permanent ban, but he's almost assuredly blacklisted like Rice and Hardy. Those 2 actually showed something to possibly entice a team to take a chance. Foster was a rookie. Even if he isn't banned, I doubt anyone decides to sign him again. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Whatever the case, pretty big blow to 9ers, would imagine they were probably planning for worst case scenario though.

I don't think the DV stuff is as arbitrary as people want to make it out to be - it could be, but last time I remember reading it I thought it had a similar hard-skeleton the same way Substance Abuse did, just with stiffer repercussions.  The bigger debate was over whether or not Elliott was deserving being only accused and never actually formally charged (or that any charges that did come were dismissed), and that threshold has already been surpassed here.

So it should be a 6 game ban since this is the first incident... it just depends on whether or not the league elects to consider the multiple counts as multiple incidents.  Not sure that's a precedent (that could be carried over to other policies if it was set) they want to tread into.

Either way, if he's found guilty by the court, it's likely going to do the NFL's job for them as he wouldn't be eligible for parole for at least 5 years, possibly more given it's multiple counts, which would effectively take him out of the sport.

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

And a lot of Dolphin fans were pissed we passed on him for Harris lol.

Checking in, although I preferred Derek Barnett to either. Harris didn't blow me away in 2017, and Miami's offseason moves so far don't indicate a ton of faith in him.

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not sure being charged is the final nail in his coffin, but it doesn’t look good. 

Sucks for the 49ers, I thought he’d be the next big thing at linebacker.

It's not like the 9ers didn't know he was a piece-of-work when they drafted him. They knew, and took him anyway.

They get no sympathy from me, personally.

8 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

It's not like the 9ers didn't know he was a piece-of-work when they drafted him. They knew, and took him anyway.

They get no sympathy from me, personally.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I thought something was off about the dude before the draft. That combine indecent just was bizarre. (something that a lot of people brushed off)

Archived