Cowboys cut Dez Bryant

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Worst WR corps in the league without Dez?

let's be honest it wasn't that great with him.

Dez Bryant has not been a top wide receiver for the last few years. I'm not saying he is without Talent but he is not the same wide receiver that was originally drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Not even close in fact. He was released because of that fact and because not only has his talent decreased but he's getting paid for too much money for talent but just no longer really exists.  that is not to suggest that he won't go to a team and help them immensely. I think the best fit for him to San Francisco to help Jimmy Garoppolo. Having said that I fully expect him to end up in Washington so that he can play the Dallas Cowboys twice a year

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

let's be honest it wasn't that great with him.

Dez Bryant has not been a top wide receiver for the last few years. I'm not saying he is without Talent but he is not the same wide receiver that was originally drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. Not even close in fact. He was released because of that fact and because not only has his talent decreased but he's getting paid for too much money for talent but just no longer really exists.  that is not to suggest that he won't go to a team and help them immensely. I think the best fit for him to San Francisco to help Jimmy Garoppolo. Having said that I fully expect him to end up in Washington so that he can play the Dallas Cowboys twice a year

I wouldn’t put it past Snyder but the Redskins don’t need Dez.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He doesn't make sense for the Redskins.  We have Doctson who we spent a 1st round pick on, and he's been developing.  He's an outside guy.  We just (over)paid Richardson to be our outside starting deep threat.  And we have Crowder as our slot WR.  Dez isn't going to sign to be our 4th, and signing him would stunt Docton's development.  Makes no sense to sign Dez.  

So you're right it'll absolutely be the Redskins.  

Your 1st mistake is assuming Daniel Synder uses logic

5 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

So mad at this.  I fully expect him to do better elsewhere.  I don't love the WRs in the draft and we don't have a #1 on the roster now.  This does not make us a better team at all.

Not even sure you guys have a #2. Hurns maybe, but he isn't the same player he used to be due to injuries. 

My take on a couple misconceptions in this thread.

- Dez wasn't offered a pay cut or restructured contract of any sort, so Dallas waiting this long wasn't a leverage play. It was nothing but incompetence and incoherence amongst the decision makers.

- Dez was a lot better in 2016 than just a quick look at his stat line would indicate. 15.9 YPC (almost 4 more than last year), 100 yards or multiple TDs in 6 out of 14 games including playoffs, and three 50+ yard receptions on the year. Last year he had one 50 yard catch and no 100 yard or multi-TD games. He had an absolutely massive drop off that can't wholly be attributed to Dak and the offense- but at the same time, there is more recent precedent for him producing at 2014 levels than 2014 itself- so we'll see.

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Dez ain't going to a team without a QB.

Don't have a QB?  Maybe you'll change your tune after Sam Bradford is inexplicably traded for first round and/or second round draft picks a few dozen more times.

Archived