Cowboys cut Dez Bryant

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Dez played 9 games in 2015, with god knows who at QB. And Dak and Dez are just like oil and water, their preferences and playstyles don't mesh well. 

Sure, but 2016 was what I referred to.   I do think Dak got way too much credit for 2016's success, but I also think he's not the entire problem for Dez's struggles in 2017.    

Put it this way - at 1 year / 8M, even on DEN who only has 2 WR's we can count on, I'd want no part of Dez.    People are projecting what Dez used to do, and expecting that will happen.   I'd want no part of that given the cost (now admittedly, DEN has major cap space issues too, and we're not legit contenders this year, so that's part of my statement above).    Dez's style of play is also one that's more vulnerable to rapid decline - because he was never a burner, or an elusive route-runner, but a guy who used his size & strength and ball-fighting abilities to win.    Given what we've seen the last 3 years, man, I'll let another team take that chance.   A team with a decent corps of WR's, and especially one that's based on spreading it around, or leveraging the best matchups, I don't see the fit with Dez.

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If it was just last year, I'd agree with you that could explain it.  But Dez was the same fading talent in 2016, when Dak & Zeke were there.  

To be fair that had more to do with the Smash mouth football approach with Zeke and a Rookie QB then Dez's overall skillset. Had Romo been their QB with his connection, Guarantee Bryant's numbers would of been better. Assuming of course his back lasted more then a QT.

Now are his Dominate days of 11-14' behind him, probably but he didn't seem to fall off a cliff until Dak's arrival in 16'. Just saying. Yes I'm also aware he was injured in 2015 which lets be real, happens.

I'm glad he's Gone and no longer a Cowgirl. Just like I was with TO, Plaxico, Desean, Shockey and Ware. Now just go to the AFC for my peace of mind!

4 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He seems pissed he was cut. Can’t really blame Dallas for getting out of a bad deal but I can understand why he’d be mad as his struggles the last few seasons aren’t all on him.

He's probably more annoyed at the fact they waited so long, which hurts his chances of getting the contract he maybe could have gotten otherwise.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

It's literally not personal though, it's business. Why don't you walk away appreciative for the contracts you signed with DAL and set the right tone for your next employer.

They waited till April to cut him. 

He should be pissed. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The length of time they waited before doing this made it a lot more personal than it would have been.

Maybe, who knows what angles they were working? At the end of the day it's within their rights to do so. $56m in cash over 8 years, he'll be able to handle this speed bump.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:
3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It's literally not personal though, it's business. Why don't you walk away appreciative for the contracts you signed with DAL and set the right tone for your next employer.

They waited till April to cut him. 

He should be pissed. 

Exactly! He has every right to be pi$$ed.

Archived