Cowboys cut Dez Bryant

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Not even sure you guys have a #2. Hurns maybe, but he isn't the same player he used to be due to injuries. 

I feel based on what I know of Hurns that he would have been a good complement to a true #1 like Dez was.  Not that I think Dez will go back to his prime days from a few years ago, but with a better situation, I think he is still capable of being a top WR in the league.  A lot of stuff happened in Dallas the last couple of years that were not fully in his control and caused his production to suffer as a result.

People love to say Dez has not been the same since 2014 ... but they ignore that Dallas has not been the same team since then either.  2014 was the last time they had a real QB with a real arm .  Dak is best when he is on move out of pocket .  2015 Romo hurt no valid backup  2016 Romo hurt in comes the Dak and Zeke show . 2017 Romo released and Dak get exposed for who he is ... a Bus driver that needs a strong cast around him and everything to be perfect . 

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

The Packers might be a sneaky landing spot for him. Rodgers has always done well with guys with great ball skills (James Jones, Davante Adams).

I kinda doubt it will happen though.  GB is already maxed out on WR money, Top 6 according to OTC.

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending

Time for GB to re-load with young, low cost talent in the draft -  and they are looking for a guy who can take the top off a defense. That ain't Dez

Besides, If they wanted a past-his-prime WR, they'd have just kept Jordy. Dez would be fine with AR, I just don't think it makes sense roster-wise

though they play different spots if the Honey Badger gets 1 year 7 million, Dez should get no more .

He is a big bodied guy who has lost his athleticism. 

He is really going  to have to turn over a new leaf as a player if he wants to have a back end to his career. 

He will have to become a route runner who catches and plays well 0-15 yards from the line of scrimmage. 

Right now if you looked up “scorched earth approach” in an online dictionary about to be published, you could have Dez’s mug there.   Don’t blame him for being fired up about getting cut in April but man he’s not letting up anytime soon lol.  

1 hour ago, GreenMean69 said:

People love to say Dez has not been the same since 2014 ... but they ignore that Dallas has not been the same team since then either.  2014 was the last time they had a real QB with a real arm .  Dak is best when he is on move out of pocket .  2015 Romo hurt no valid backup  2016 Romo hurt in comes the Dak and Zeke show . 2017 Romo released and Dak get exposed for who he is ... a Bus driver that needs a strong cast around him and everything to be perfect . 

This!

Archived