BUF G Richie Incognito "unretires", released by BUF, held for psychiatric evaluation

Broncofan

Hate to say it, but this is a troubling pattern of behaviour which is consistent with a serious head injury. I know he has a history of questionable behaviour, but this seems off key even for him. I’m surprised CTE isn’t bought up more when a player goes off the rails like this, especially given how prevalent it has been in the brains of ex players studied so far.

CTE is only diagnosed after death with many invasive tests that involve slicing and chemical baths for your grey matter

they are working on it though;  a definitive test for living candidates

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Hate to say it, but this is a troubling pattern of behaviour which is consistent with a serious head injury. I know he has a history of questionable behaviour, but this seems off key even for him. I’m surprised CTE isn’t bought up more when a player goes off the rails like this, especially given how prevalent it has been in the brains of ex players studied so far.

There are TONS of reasons for the behavior. There are lots of guys who have sustained concussion who aren’t going crazy. 

5 hours ago, Ryan_W said:

CTE is only diagnosed after death with many invasive tests that involve slicing and chemical baths for your grey matter

they are working on it though;  a definitive test for living candidates

The medical experts have a tough time defining a concussion. The thought of a definitive test (for a medical diagnosis that isn’t even established en vivo) is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The medical experts have a tough time defining a concussion. The thought of a definitive test (for a medical diagnosis that isn’t even established en vivo) is laughable. 

CTE can be identified, as you can ID the presence of the Tau protein on the brain that is present with CTE. 

As @Ryan_W said, only way you can detect the Tau protein is on a dead brain. 

44 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

CTE can be identified, as you can ID the presence of the Tau protein on the brain that is present with CTE. 

As @Ryan_W said, only way you can detect the Tau protein is on a dead brain. 

That has yet to be established. CTE isn’t even a clinical diagnosis. Tau protein is NOT a specific marker. It’d found in other conditions. There are a TON of problems with the CTE research. It’s confounded by a ****ton of selection bias and many other factors. 

Always seemed like a bit of a loose cannon, but it really seems like he’s got some issues. I get it’s an involuntary hold right now, but I hope he gets help before he hurts someone or himself. 

I'm pretty happy he was able to be brought in for evaluation.

Huge/Jacked guys aren't given a lot of leeway when it comes to law enforcement compliance requests. Kudos to those involved and the public that reported their concerns.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, sammymvpknight said:

There are TONS of reasons for the behavior. There are lots of guys who have sustained concussion who aren’t going crazy. 

And lots who are crazy that never sustained a concussion.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, goldfishwars said:

That's the initial thought but when you read the articles on it he admitted to taking a workout supplement called Shroom Tech. With a name like that who knows what was in that supplement....

Archived