Who is the (second) best coach in the NFL?

DingoLadd

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Zimmer went up against the best team in the NFC in their home stadium and lost, Zimmer was playing with his backup QB and RB as well I fail to see how losing to the best team in the NFL is a bad thing, there's only so much you can do as a HC some games just get away from you.

Sean Payton has fielded literally some of the worst defenses in NFL history so yes that should be more concerning than Mike Zimmer's number one defense having a bad game against a great opponent. 

I've made my points there's nothing more to discuss here.

Zimmer admitted his game plan didn't work and that he should have scrapped it early in the game. We were overmatched in that game. Didn't have the reserves to rotate players in and keep them fresh. Philly took us out back and beat the crap out of us. They had the reserves and then players to take advantage of us not having a 3tech in the middle of the defensive line. That's where Foles stepped up and made himself look really good.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

HC deficiencies...what an interesting topic

Let's explore further. Mike Zimmer entered the playoffs with THE Top Rated defense in the entire league and is an elite defensive coach

His team held a 17-0 lead at home at halftime vs the Saints. Yet over the next 6 quarters of playoff football, the elite defensive HC and his Top Rated defense gave up 55 points. And got blown out of the water in humiliating fashion in the NFC CG -  to a less experienced head coach in Pederson who was playing his back- up QB and back- up LT. Zimmer's defense and team completely collapsed and he was totally outcoached -

Yet Super Bowl Champion Sean Payton's deficiencies as a HC are the ones you're most concerned about ?

McCarthy Is still the best coach in the division. Zimmer might be a top 10 coach but like you pointed out. Zimmer needs more playoff success.

On 4/18/2018 at 3:55 PM, BAConrad said:

The funny part is I keep hearing Rams fans cry about how Eagles fans are constantly hating on their team or making it about themselves etc.

But really, the trolling I see comes from posts like this mocking the Eagles.

I guess I understand the bitterness. I mean our teams both traded up for a QB in the same year to take 1st and 2nd overall, and our teams are similar in some other ways. 

Only we just won the Super Bowl and the Rams looked like the worst team in the NFC playoffs.

-_-

@Crickett isn't a Rams fan. You keep bringing your inferiority complex into every thread. It's sucks that you're salty that the Rams are getting more attention, but give it a rest, dude.

On 4/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, BAConrad said:

*gives standing ovation*

Thank you.

Nice to see someone else besides Philly people say this. It doesnt get talked about enough because people are so infatuated with McVay and the whole Brady/BB thing, but Doug Pederson literally just had one of the single greatest coaching performances for an entire season of all time IMO. Offensively, the best Ive seen in my life as a 26 year old easily at least. 

I think its because he just doesnt have enough "media appeal" compared to these other guys. 

At this point, the entire coaching pole really is just a crap shoot after The Hoodie himself, so I think Pederson certainly did enough in 2017 to put himself in the top 3. I wouldn't argue with anyone wanting to put him ahead of Carroll either...

18 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Zimmer went up against the best team in the NFC in their home stadium and lost, Zimmer was playing with his backup QB and RB as well I fail to see how losing to the best team in the NFL is a bad thing, there's only so much you can do as a HC some games just get away from you.

Bradford is actually a chump though.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I've read your post a bunch of times. I'm still unsure of what you were trying to say.

LOL. I figured that what it was and not like the other Rams fan that responded and I let go but I wasn't sure either. 

I was just trying to follow Pete's "Eagles vs Rams rival" type comment. It was a joke is all man. Nothing in that post was meant to be taken serious whatsoever. 

On 4/18/2018 at 10:57 PM, DingoLadd said:

Personal bias plus the rule of "everything comes crashing back down to earth" I want to see if Pederson can repeat the success of last year before I crown him above veteran coaches like Zimmer, Carroll etc. I'll fully admit he out coached the vikings but one games does not dictate an entire coaching career. 

I'd take Pederson over Zimmer. Pederson outcoached him in the 2 games their teams played each other. 

Zimmer might be up there, but he's not the #2 coach in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2018 at 6:39 PM, stl4life07 said:

@BAConradYou left out the part where the Rams were the 2nd youngest team in the NFL last year with the 2nd youngest QB starter going against a Falcons team who had tons of experience and was just in the Superbowl the previous season. 

But didn't the Eagles beat Atlanta in the Divisional Round?

Archived