Draft Discussion 4.0

NudeTayne

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My eyes I guess.  I just like his game and think he checks a lot of the boxes for the position.  

I think the 2 year age difference is significant.  I like his size/frame.  I like his mobility.  I like that he has ZERO character concerns. His game tape is pretty damned good, especially when he has time to throw. 

I acknowledge that Mayfield is probably better right now, but that’s where age and experience play a factor.  You’re comparing a 20 yo rSO to a 22 yo rSR.  Mayfield should be ahead of Darnold in his development right now.  

I just don’t know if he’s going to be as good as Darnold when they’re both late 20’s, and that’s what’s more important to me.

Age is the one factor I can't argue with. It was the main reason why I preferred Goff over Wentz. 
I think QB is one of the few positions where age, doesn't matter as much. Breakout age absolutely matters though. It's assuring to know your QB has dominated at every level before the NFL. I worry about Darnold struggling last season with all the talent around him, while playing PAC10 defenses that were weaker than BIG12 defenses last season. This was the season he HAD to produce to solidify his status as the #1 QB and he failed in some ways.

11 minutes ago, mistakey said:

hngg

**** Albert Breer.

If you hear guys talk, I hear a coached-up con man in Josh Allen. In Darnold I hear either a young guy or a simpleton--can't tell at this point. With Rosen, I actually hear a people pleaser. I hear an A-type with Baker.

4 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Age is the one factor I can't argue with. It was the main reason why I preferred Goff over Wentz. 
I think QB is one of the few positions where age, doesn't matter as much. Breakout age absolutely matters though. It's assuring to know your QB has dominated at every level before the NFL. I worry about Darnold struggling last season with all the talent around him, while playing PAC10 defenses that were weaker than BIG12 defenses last season. This was the season he HAD to produce to solidify his status as the #1 QB and he failed in some ways.

Some of us (me) are in strong agreement with you there, but you won't earn friends in here by slandering skinny Chris Farley's perceived can't-missness.

4 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

I think his numbers were disappointing, but you have to view them in context.

Most of his INT’s came early in the year when he was playing behind a shoddy, inexperienced line.  He also doesn’t have much in the way of talent at skill positions either, save RB. By the end of the year he was back to playing pretty damned good football.

Comparatively Baker had much more help around him.

LIS though, no wrong answer imo.  I’d honestly include Rosen in that group too, he’s a damn fine prospect.  I just don’t think he’s as good of a fit here.

6 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

In a heartbeat, we can survive and still be good without Chubb, plus we already have two of the same exact player in Peppers/Kindred

Fair enough.

I guess I just look at it as we could have either:

a. Hooker

b. Peppers, and possibly 12, 22, and a 1 next year (which could again be potentially flipped). 

4 firsts vs a FS?  I’ll take the picks all day, erry day.

Archived