Giants cut Brandon Marshall

49erurtaza

Fantasy football star potential too. Can I get a LMAO?

Seriously tho, Dez is not all that. I'd say that Megatron's right leg is a better WR. All jokes aside, Dez wants to get paid...and we all know the teams that have the space/need to throw money at aging WRs. Oh, and the Redskins.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

I don’t think Dez fits the culture Shurmur wants to create.  One head case at WR is enough.  With obj you live with it because he’s so damn good.  Dez is not worth it at this point. Hasn’t been the same since his foot injury.  OBJ, Engram, Sheppard is enough weapons.  Plus, I expect the Giants will be more run oriented than in previous years.

Who do they have at RB again?

Always been a fan of B-Marsh. Had some great games for the Broncos not forgetting his record for catches in a single game.

Also think he deserves a ton of credit for the way he's overcome his mental health issues and his campaign of mental health awareness.

Hope he finds another team if he wants to continue playing. Feel he can still offer something to the game. 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:38 PM, PFM18 said:

Always been a fan of B-Marsh. Had some great games for the Broncos not forgetting his record for catches in a single game.

Also think he deserves a ton of credit for the way he's overcome his mental health issues and his campaign of mental health awareness.

Hope he finds another team if he wants to continue playing. Feel he can still offer something to the game. 

A very impressive career, but barring the unexpected, shy of HOF consideration. We can't pin all the numerous off field problems on mental health issues, and that was a drain on every team he played for. And in connection with the turmoil, the lack of a single postseason appearance in his entire career. While other strong HOF candidate wide receivers helped their teams reach the playoffs numerous times, and starred on the bigger stage, Marshall failed to do so.

1 hour ago, LaserFocus said:

A very impressive career, but barring the unexpected, shy of HOF consideration. We can't pin all the numerous off field problems on mental health issues, and that was a drain on every team he played for. And in connection with the turmoil, the lack of a single postseason appearance in his entire career. While other strong HOF candidate wide receivers helped their teams reach the playoffs numerous times, and starred on the bigger stage, Marshall failed to do so.

I agree that Marshall isn't quite a Hall of Famer. He, like many, is in the "Hall of Very Good". 

And whilst not every issue may not be attributed to his mental health, he still deserves enormous credit for overcoming issues and being able to play the game. Mental Health isn't something that should be tossed away as a sidebar. It is a very serious issue that many people struggle to deal with each and every day, so for him to be able to play with those issues should be commended.

On 19/04/2018 at 4:40 PM, Malik said:

I honestly thought they cut him months ago. No idea why he was still on the team deep into mid April literally a week before the draft.

Yeah.  I somehow just assumed he was cut a while ago i guess.  It was plenty obvious it was coming at least.  Weird that they waited so long.

57 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Bryant would be a good replacement for Marshall. We'll have to see what happens. 

Good Gosh, @tom cody, one Diva Receivah on the Giants is enough! One Giant Ego. One Alpha Dog.

-Main reason I doubt this will happen is the salary cap. The Giants already are concerned with Odell's contract- long-term extension, franchise tag- what do they do? Plus, they have a lot of holes, and will have to sign their rookies. I expect they'll go for more of a bargain-basement answer at receiver.

2 hours ago, bzane said:

Good Gosh, @tom cody, one Diva Receivah on the Giants is enough! One Giant Ego. One Alpha Dog.

-Main reason I doubt this will happen is the salary cap. The Giants already are concerned with Odell's contract- long-term extension, franchise tag- what do they do? Plus, they have a lot of holes, and will have to sign their rookies. I expect they'll go for more of a bargain-basement answer at receiver.

Why does everyone assume that Dez was some sort of a diva on the Cowboys? It's honestly ridiculously laughable. It's like no one has the slightest idea about how he typically represented himself while on the team and yet everyone pretends to know. I don't get it. 

Honestly, it was never, ever a big deal whatsoever. 

Seriously, what was the worst thing he did last year? Ever so briefly sulk a little on the sideline during the Seahawks game? And yet during that non-issue the commentators were sure to spin it as "OMG A STORM IS BREWING OVER THERE LOOK OUT".. and then the media ran with it as usual because of course they did.

4 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Why does everyone assume that Dez was some sort of a diva on the Cowboys

Well, there have been repeated problems:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17692664/dallas-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-shows-pattern-irresponsible-behavior

Although the Dallas Cowboys and his representatives at Roc Nation have worked with him, Dez Bryant continues to demonstrate a pattern of irresponsible behavior by being late to or missing medical treatments and team meetings, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

They said the wide receiver has shown improvement at times, but he has been tardy or missing at least 20 times and possibly as many as 40 times during his seven-year Dallas career.

Bryant has hired a driver to improve his attendance, but one source told Schefter that Bryant has been late or missed treatment on a foot injury that dates back to last season "at least seven or eight times this year alone."

While Bryant tries to change, one source expressed concern that the Cowboys are enabling bad behavior by fining the wideout instead of meting out harsher discipline.

From January, 2018:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2755458-dez-bryants-sideline-behavior-can-be-a-distraction-says-stephen-jones

Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones (the son of owner Jerry Jones) weighed in on Dez Bryant's antics during an interview on Hangin' With The 'Boys, via A.J. Perez of USA Today:

"It's certainly visible to anyone who watches our games. Dez is certainly a fiery guy who plays with a lot of emotion both on and off the field. Sometimes, that can be a distraction. It can be a distraction for Dez, it can be a distraction for other teammates. We just have to really get our hands around when you put all the full body of work together where that's headed."

There are still outbursts—he was caught yelling at Miles Austin on the sidelines during a Week 16 loss to the Seattle Seahawks—but these moments are fewer and farther between.

Still, if the front office believes Bryant remains a distraction to the team, it is clearly enough of an issue that could limit the Cowboys in 2018.

-I'm guessing you're a Cowboys' fan?

Archived