Day 1 NFL Draft Discussion - NO SPOILERS

zelbell

11 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

What scares me is we just took a QB and CB in 2014 and this draft is looking scary similar imo. I love Ward and hope and think he works out but both drafts had Shorter, accurate, former Heisman winner, cocky QBs. And a shorter very fast CBs. Just an observation that I very much hope I'm wrong about. 

I think that is ptsd.

i think this will be a good bit great draft unless we nail round 2

16 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

What scares me is we just took a QB and CB in 2014 and this draft is looking scary similar imo. I love Ward and hope and think he works out but both drafts had Shorter, accurate, former Heisman winner, cocky QBs. And a shorter very fast CBs. Just an observation that I very much hope I'm wrong about. 

Other than the position they play and being very fast I don’t think Ward compares to Gilbert.  I remember basically knowing nothing about the guy and checking this forum to see NFL gen saying he was terrible.  Couldn’t tackle, wasn’t really even a football player.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

A world where Baker Mayfield is a far better QB than Lamar Jackson.

Also, most here had Baker ahead of Jackson. And if so many of you guys think Baker is going to bust, then you must think Jackson is going to bust as well.

hahaha... your "logic" is a sight to behold...

4 hours ago, matt27j said:

Gilbert was...gilbert. No way Ward busts that hard. I think his floor would be buster skrines best season. 

Baker the concerns are there but it seems he is not a headcase. Overly passionate, acts on emotion over logic sometimes. Im sure he will do and say some controversial things. All related to football though.

He is a much better athlete than Skrine, faster, taller and better hops. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is a much better athlete than Skrine, faster, taller and better hops. 

Exactly. The only thing that he will have trouble with is getting outmuscled. With the influx of smaller wrs tho its not as big a problem anymore.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Fair or not, he hit the nail on the head with both Baker and Ward. Gotta give credit where it's due.

I said a couple months ago that I could easily see Baker being the pick. Dorsey made it no secret that he was a big fan of Mayfield. It was just a matter if he liked him enough to take him #1.

Listening to Lombardi. Speaking a lot of truth I think.

- Says we reached on both Mayfield and Ward.

- Says he doesn’t mind the choices because it’s all subjective, even if he doesn’t think Mayfield is good or Ward is the best corner.

- Says we mismanaged the draft because we bought into the rhetoric that Jets wanted Mayfield when really they wanted Darnold and would’ve taken Rosen if he was gone.

I’m completely underwhelmed by sitting through 1-31 and passing on Carson Wentz for Baker Mayfield and Denzel Ward.

Hopefully Round 2 is better.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

hahaha... your "logic" is a sight to behold...

Projection is not just a river in denial.

2 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yep I agree, but he’s spewing out a lot of agreement with my personal opinions on this occasion.

Archived