College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mayfield is just another Manziel. 

Lots of similarities, no doubt.

JFF isn't out of the league because he can't play though, the talent is there, the same as it is for Mayfield.

The question is whether or not Mayfield's issues off the field is just "boys being boys" (like a lot thought JFF's were) or more than that?

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lots of similarities, no doubt.

JFF isn't out of the league because he can't play though, the talent is there, the same as it is for Mayfield.

The question is whether or not Mayfield's issues off the field is just "boys being boys" (like a lot thought JFF's were) or more than that?

See, I've see this way too much.

What "talent?" What transferable skills did Manziel have? He was a dumbass who chucked jump balls to Mike Evans. Myself and Roger Murdock were the only ones who didn't fall for that crap.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

See, I've see this way too much.

What "talent?" What transferable skills did Manziel have? He was a dumbass who chucked jump balls to Mike Evans. Myself and Roger Murdock were the only ones who didn't fall for that crap.

Arm talent, abilty to beat teams over the top, mobility.

His second season he played halfway decent football at times despite apparently spending all of his free time boozing and such. That should tell you something.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Arm talent, abilty to beat teams over the top, mobility.

His second season he played halfway decent football at times despite apparently spending all of his free time boozing and such. That should tell you something.

He did NOT have arm talent. He threw ducks and I mentioned Mike Evans bailing him out. He had as much arm talent as JT Barrett.

He could run, that was it.

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He did NOT have arm talent. He threw ducks and I mentioned Mike Evans bailing him out. He had as much arm talent as JT Barrett.

What??? Johnny had a big arm. Huge hands, long arm. Deep ball on the boundary with accuracy was more than above average and great against Alabama.

He was a bum, didn't study the game, indeed threw the ball up for Jump balls and bail outs to mike evans, but he objectively had a ton of arm talent and a big arm...

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Manziel threw less than 30% of his college passes to Evans.

It isn't really fair to completely take away a receiver from a QB's stats especially his #1 WR but lets do it anyway. Manziel without Evans in 2 years had 5300 yards and 46 TD. If we want to include rushing he had 76 TD in 2 years that didn't include Mike Evans.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There's no credibility in this statement Candy...did you ever seriously watch any draft breakdown play by play of Johnny in college?

Even if you only watched Gruden's QB camp or listened to nfl media scouts like Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah and their analysis of cut ups of his play you'd know Johnny had a plus arm and tremendous deep ball boundary ability.

Yes he threw ducks and 500 balls up to Mike Evans, but he also had a plus arm.

I'd post gifs but I don't feel like it...b/c

Watch any Manziel vs Alabama draft breakdown....

Johnny had tons of issues but arm talent was not one of them

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Manziel threw less than 30% of his college passes to Evans.

It isn't really fair to completely take away a receiver from a QB's stats especially his #1 WR but lets do it anyway. Manziel without Evans in 2 years had 5300 yards and 46 TD. If we want to include rushing he had 76 TD in 2 years that didn't include Mike Evans.

Add to this, Manziel and Swope were pretty dangerous. He didn't just toss it up to him. Shame Manziel couldn't stay sober. 

Blessing because Kizer looks like a true NFL QB right now 

One week in, and both the Browns/Texans are 0-1, as it concerns next year's picks. Houston looked bad today and could be a top 10 pick.

Both the running and receiving game look like real needs. Can we get anyone that can catch or run the ball? Britt looks like a big waste of money. On defense, we could use another couple guys that can cover. The run defense looked great though, at least one week in. I was disappointed in the invisibility of Ogbah rushing the passer. Only one sack and few pressures as a team. Will be nice to get Garrett back.

Archived