2018 NFL Draft Thread - READ!!!

CBears019

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

1. Mayfield didn't surprise me only because it was the Browns, and I expected them to do something stupid. I figured it would have been Allen, however, not Mayfield.

2. This pick is going to haunt them badly.... Not because Barkley is bad (far from it) but because ELI is bad now, and they'll never be in range to land "their guy" again. Their offensive skill position talent will keep them just short of the playoffs until management finally realizes that Eli needs to be taken out back behind the shed and put down. They've basically ruined themselves for 5+ years trying to make a clumsy, hamfisted attempt to win another ring within the next 2...

If Eli is as bad as you say, they'll be in the top 5 again next year. Regardless, I'm in 100% agreement. I would have taken Darnold or Rosen.

3. Also surprised, and disappointed. He was at the very top of my board (behind Landry, and only because of positional need), and I thought we had a good shot of landing him, especially after the first pick (because I figured Giants would go Darnold and we'd have ended up with 4 QBs, Barkley/Chubb before us)

6. This is imo the single worst pick of the draft. Penny is no where close to a first round talent, imo.

I used to love Pete Carroll, but sometimes I think he believes he's the smartest guy in football. I realize you don't have a 2nd round pick and wanted your guy, but then why not move back into the 40's and take him? What's the point of a RB like Penny if you don't have an OL?

The good news is, the Bears of 2010-2013 weren't the only moronic franchise in history to make the QB "the guy" and not give him any offensive linemen.

8. Yeah his fall was massively surprising... He was #1 on my board for us at 8.... With his style of pass rush however, injuries are going to take him off his game more than most.

56 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Don’t get me wrong - if Landry is there he’s my guy 100% with no chance of a trade down. I doubt he’s still there at 39 though and I have high levels of skepticism as to whether Pace will pay the price to move up to get him. He’d either have to move future picks or mortgage much of the rest of our draft. Smith and Landry though? Man... ?

Going by the chart it would only take our 2 and the 2nd of our 4ths to get to 33.  But i dont know if the conviction is there for him.  I think they were trying to get back in for it last night but i dont know for sure.

Archived