MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I mean you get what my obtuse self is getting at. Khabib was the first to go off the rails. That doesn't make him responsible for everyone else's actions. If I punch my neighbor, then he stabs my friend.. is it my fault?

Inciting violence is a crime....I think it’s pretty much guaranteed that if Khabib doesn’t jump the fence, his crew doesn’t go haywire

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

And as far as I could tell, he didn't land a punch. Do we have proof to the contrary?

Attempted assault is a real thing my dude.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Your argument gets even worse when you try to argue the business aspect of it: Conor Incident: Injured multiple fighters who were slated to fight and forced them to withdraw from a PPV. Khabib Incident: Injured no fans and caused the UFC to get a ton of free press and buzz. Continue with your weak arguments. Conor committed a crime and hurt the UFC's business.

again, crime doesnt matter. like at all in this conversation. i should learn since im debating a guy that thinks its acceptable to fight someone cause they said some mean words, but its beyond me that you think a couple fighters got pulled from a card, which happens almost every card, is worse than putting paying customers in danger.

Just now, TheChancellor said:

Khabib jumped into the CROWD at an organised UFC event and started hammering on Conor's sparing partner.

NO HE DIDN'T

ya'll trying to re-write history, we all just saw it live. That's not what happened, it's not close to what happened..

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

I was reading up, I figured that post was about Khabib going into the stands. I don't remember you scolding Conor for attacking the bus. (Tho I don't know what you take was)

I feel both were wrong but Khabibs actions were even worse. 1) Still criminal 2) Paying fans, this is a busineas. Conor didn’t endanger fans or civilians. 3) Didn’t make the UFC look like a joke in front of national television. 

Just now, Glen said:

Sure. But we live in the real world. Where your actions have consequences, and the opinion of the many sometimes doesn't actually matter. Legally Khabib was in the wrong. Morally as well imo. 

Well, that's not actually true. I've seen juries nullify many times because they feel a person was morally justified.

Just now, TheChancellor said:

Neither is justified, however, this is worse.

Conor attacked a bus full of professional MMA fighters and some staff members.

Khabib jumped into the CROWD at an organised UFC event and started hammering on Conor's sparing partner.

I mean, dude. You won. Trash talk all you want now. Instead just after winning a fight, he.. started another fight?

Danis is a pro MMA fighter too. And there more non-fighters in the bus. And was also at an organized UFC event. And Conor actually physically hurt people.