MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, jrry32 said:

It was chaos, but did we see anything showing an attempted assault? If he got held back by security before he could get close enough to throw a punch, you're not going to get attempted assault.

There's forsure footage from the crowd I've seen where he hit him.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I literally just said "sometimes the opinion of the many doesn't matter"

No crap "sometimes the opinion of the many does matter"

So you did the whole "we live in the real world" cliche before agreeing with my ultimate point?

2 minutes ago, James said:

Off topic I guess, but how did you feel about Lesnar's appearance after Cormier beat Stipe?

haha exactly.

"LESNAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH BATTERY FOR PUSHING DC, MUH LEGAL TECHNICALITIES"

"DC JUST GOT DONE FIGHTING, NO WAY SHOULD LESNAR BE PUTTING HANDS ON DC AND THROWING HIM ACROSS THE OCTAGON, BAN HIM FOR LYFFFEE"

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

If you don't think it's acceptable to fight somebody for saying certain things, you're quite the anomaly. For example, a member of my family was raped in the past few years. I don't know who did it. But if a dude said to my face that he raped her, you better bet I'd beat him to within an inch of his life. And I wouldn't feel any remorse.

well thats not words, thats actions. someone raping your sister and having someone confess to your face is not in teh same universe as to what happened tonight nor is it "just words" that we're talking about. 

you abandoning the other parts of your argument where you feel ufc employees getting injured is worse than putting paying customers in danger?

Just now, El ramster said:

Also, what did Dana tell Khabib about not giving him his belt? Couldn’t hear. 

Dana told him if he put the belt on him in the ring people would go crazy and start throwing stuff at them. Khabib said he was fine with that/he could take it. Dana said lolno people in the crowd might get hurt.

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

There's forsure footage from the crowd I've seen where he hit him.

Well, if he hit him, that's a crime. That puts him on even ground with Conor. However, Conor hurt the UFC's business more, so I will still call it a more significant event.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

well thats not words, thats actions. someone raping your sister and having someone confess to your face is not in teh same universe as to what happened tonight nor is it "just words" that we're talking about. 

you abandoning the other parts of your argument where you feel ufc employees getting injured is worse than putting paying customers in danger?

No, that's words. I didn't see him do it.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

So you did the whole "we live in the real world" cliche before agreeing with my ultimate point?

No. Because khabib was at work. There is no justifying his actions.

Just now, cddolphin said:

haha exactly.

"LESNAR SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH BATTERY FOR PUSHING DC, MUH LEGAL TECHNICALITIES"

"DC JUST GOT DONE FIGHTING, NO WAY SHOULD LESNAR BE PUTTING HANDS ON DC AND THROWING HIM ACROSS THE OCTAGON, BAN HIM FOR LYFFFEE"

I mean, I'm not exactly taking it that far with the assault angle, I just wondered more about the joke/WWE side of things.

3 minutes ago, James said:

Off topic I guess, but how did you feel about Lesnar's appearance after Cormier beat Stipe?

Cant stand Lesnar but I see nothing wrong with it. Purely promotional. Thats how you build fights and make money. Everyone is trying to follow Conors blueprint now. Dude said he went from four figures in his bank account to around $150M by marketing himself, and being a solid fighter as well. Don’t get why he gets so much hate for that. He’s the definition of a normal joe making it. He created a persona that was entertaining. People literally love his character or hate it and it made him multi millions. And no, it’s not his real personality by any means.