MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 8/4/2019 at 11:44 AM, beekay414 said:

At least the ***** won't be getting a title shot.

Fight Edwards, you coward.

They should do Usman vs Colby at MSG with Masvidal vs Edwards as the co-main, if someone pulls out then Masvidal gets a title shot. Unfortunately, I think Masvidal pulls a Woodley and just sits out and refuses to fight again unless it's a title shot.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They should do Usman vs Colby at MSG with Masvidal vs Edwards as the co-main, if someone pulls out then Masvidal gets a title shot. Unfortunately, I think Masvidal pulls a Woodley and just sits out and refuses to fight again unless it's a title shot.

Woodley hasn't earned that right imo. He was dismantled for 5 rounds. He wasn't just caught with 1 clean KO shot that would stop anyone. He was beat badly for 5 rounds 

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Woodley hasn't earned that right imo. He was dismantled for 5 rounds. He wasn't just caught with 1 clean KO shot that would stop anyone. He was beat badly for 5 rounds 

I was referring to when he refused to fight and just waited for a title shot. He waited 18 months between his win over Gastelum and his title shot with Lawler. 

• Like 1

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/colby-covingtons-verbal-attack-miesha-tate-radio-show-ban?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

I love the part where Colby talks about hooking the radio show up with ratings, and the host calls him out for sh..ty ratings in his fight with Lawler.  Colby a huge tool.  Lots of turds in the welterweight division.

Usman

Colby

Woodley

Askren

Masvidal

Most of these guys are really just hard to root for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/08/colby-covingtons-verbal-attack-miesha-tate-radio-show-ban?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

I love the part where Colby talks about hooking the radio show up with ratings, and the host calls him out for sh..ty ratings in his fight with Lawler.  Colby a huge tool.  Lots of turds in the welterweight division.

Usman

Colby

Woodley

Askren

Masvidal

At the same time, half of them are easy to root for because they are likely facing a bigger turd. 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, big poppa pump said:

Usman

Colby

Woodley

Askren

Masvidal

Why is Usman a tool?

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Kattar-Zabit is going to be FOTY and I think Kattar pulls the upset in Boston.

(and yes, I know Cerrone vs Gaethje is also scheduled...still going with Kattar-Zabit for FOTY)

Going to be fireworks. 

Why do you think Kattar pulls it off?

Zabit has so many more weapons on the feet and good movement, will Kattar be  able to cut off the cage/crowd him?

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Why is Usman a tool?

Usman's one of these guys who talks like he is this dangerous finisher, but goes out there and plays for the scorecards. He always comes off really disingenuous. He puts on the tough guy act and doesn't fight the same way.

Just my opinion. Idk if I'd go so far to say he's a tool, be he's a little unlikeable to me.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Going to be fireworks. 

Why do you think Kattar pulls it off?

Zabit has so many more weapons on the feet and good movement, will Kattar be  able to cut off the cage/crowd him?

Jmo, Zabit has all these fun tools, but he doesn't look at home when it becomes a scrap. That's what I saw in the latter part of the Bochniak fight, at least.

Kattar does one thing well (boxing), but he does that really well. He likes a scrap too (obv since he's from Boston), so unless Zabit keeps it super technical, similar to how Moicano stayed calm and went heavy on leg kicks, I like Kattar here.

• Like 2