All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Mandy Rose should have taken the belt off Asuka. Could have run a nice heel program into Mania with someone.

Instead we get 2 weeks without her.

I have more confidence in Dan Snyder giving me a decent football team than I do Vince and Steph giving me a decent wrestling product anymore. Sick of this holding the real talent back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mandy Rose should have taken the belt off Asuka. Could have run a nice heel program into Mania with someone.

Instead we get 2 weeks without her.

I have more confidence in Dan Snyder giving me a decent football team than I do Vince and Steph giving me a decent wrestling product anymore. Sick of this holding the real talent back.

It seem like once again outside of a few matches, there are no build up to the other WM feuds or potential WM feuds. SD ladies probably all will end up in the battle royal. I mean three WOMEN main eventing WM is big enough that it doesn't need some unify title match. 

The raw/SD tag titles matches for WM haven't been announced? I'm dying to seeing usos vs the hardys but man would I like some build up to it if it was to happen.

imo last night was one of the worst SD i have seen in quite some time. I figured Orton would interfere with the Angle/Styles match but I didn't think it would be that early.

Where is Kevin Owens?

Last night's Raw, which was the next to last episode before WrestleMania, did 2.59 million viewers. That's a drop of four percent from last week

The number was down 23 percent from the equivalent show two weeks out from WrestleMania last year.

Nearly a quarter of the viewers they had last year arnt watching leading into Mania this year. Thats an insane stat.

But watching. Its clear why.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

And if Kofi wins the title at WM... LOL.

See Superstar Billy Grahams tweet on this? lol

Complaining (Like Ive been) about "145lb" guys going after these major heavyweight intended titles.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Nearly a quarter of the viewers they had last year arnt watching leading into Mania this year. Thats an insane stat.

But watching. Its clear why.

See Superstar Billy Grahams tweet on this? lol

Complaining (Like Ive been) about "145lb" guys going after these major heavyweight intended titles.

Well I definitely don't mind smaller wrestlers being champions. I mean, I love guys like DB. It's just that I don't buy Kofi as a main event-caliber guy. It'd be one thing to give him a title shot at some B-level PPV, but at WM? No thanks. At least make it a triple threat with Owens. With that said, I won't be surprised if Kofi actually wins the title. Maybe we get the return of Wyatt and/or Harper to interfere on DB's behalf.

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Why take the belt off Asuka?

And if Kofi wins the title at WM... LOL.

Because ultimately, it's a prop.  I mean, I don't like it, but it does create a scenario where one less match is shoe-horned in at Mania.  Anyone that needs a belt to legitimize them with the crowd isn't legitimate to begin with.

That said, Charlotte didn't need to carry a title that she's not going to defend into Mania.  This is just a case of Vince feeling like, "If it's going to be the MAIN EVENT of WrestleMania, then it has to be the biggest spectacle possible... so let's make it look like an even bigger clash."  Honestly, I'm more ticked off that Sanity have been diminished to Shane's lackeys.

Honestly, I feel like Vince (and Kevin Dunn) step on their own Johnsons trying to present "reality TV" rather than either embracing what they do well (production video packages) or trying to present like sport, but still make sure to make clear it's sports entertainment not sport.  Simple things, like "Oh hey, there's a camera there, maybe I should acknowledge it and speak to it."  Ditch the backstage interviewers for the most part.  Either put them in the ring or at the top of the ramp/stage conducting the interview or just have the wrestler cut a promo directly to camera backstage.

Also, Kofi's winning the title at Mania, but my bet is that he doesn't hold it for more than a month.  I just hope they don't force a Big E heel turn here just because they can.  At this point, I'm actually more confident that Kofi wins the title than that Seth beats Brock, which is a coin-flip at best situation right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Because ultimately, it's a prop.  I mean, I don't like it, but it does create a scenario where one less match is shoe-horned in at Mania.  Anyone that needs a belt to legitimize them with the crowd isn't legitimate to begin with.

That said, Charlotte didn't need to carry a title that she's not going to defend into Mania.  This is just a case of Vince feeling like, "If it's going to be the MAIN EVENT of WrestleMania, then it has to be the biggest spectacle possible... so let's make it look like an even bigger clash."  Honestly, I'm more ticked off that Sanity have been diminished to Shane's lackeys.

Honestly, I feel like Vince (and Kevin Dunn) step on their own Johnsons trying to present "reality TV" rather than either embracing what they do well (production video packages) or trying to present like sport, but still make sure to make clear it's sports entertainment not sport.  Simple things, like "Oh hey, there's a camera there, maybe I should acknowledge it and speak to it."  Ditch the backstage interviewers for the most part.  Either put them in the ring or at the top of the ramp/stage conducting the interview or just have the wrestler cut a promo directly to camera backstage.

Also, Kofi's winning the title at Mania, but my bet is that he doesn't hold it for more than a month.  I just hope they don't force a Big E heel turn here just because they can.  At this point, I'm actually more confident that Kofi wins the title than that Seth beats Brock, which is a coin-flip at best situation right now.

Agreed. Before Roman's return, I was pretty confident that Seth would win the title. But now that Roman is back, I could see Seth losing so that Roman is the one to take the belt off Brock.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Well I definitely don't mind smaller wrestlers being champions. I mean, I love guys like DB. It's just that I don't buy Kofi as a main event-caliber guy. It'd be one thing to give him a title shot at some B-level PPV, but at WM? No thanks. At least make it a triple threat with Owens. With that said, I won't be surprised if Kofi actually wins the title. Maybe we get the return of Wyatt and/or Harper to interfere on DB's behalf.

I mind it when its over saturated and the bigger guys are forced to work more the small guys way and ends up as terrible matches.

Like I said a week ago. Steamboat was smaller, worked ME matches tailored towards the big guys so they could keep up. And put out decent matches. While Ricochet vs Jinder was an embarrassment of a match with him trying to work a smaller guys style their way. Instead of remedying it, they just bring in more smaller guys so they can do their flippitydoo stuff.

We need back a Cruiser division or Light heavyweight, something of the sorts. Then the special ones, like Jericho and Rey did in WCW. Move up and mix in with the rest. Roster is so gigantic and overflowing with both types, yet only a handful of talent is being used. 

On 3/26/2019 at 9:09 PM, The LBC said:

The card was NOT stacked.  Sorry.  Just no.  It's a bottom 5 Wrestlemania in spite of having a Top 10 Mania match of all time on it.  That's saying something. 

That’s a take, for sure.

It’s widely regarded as the best WWE PPV ever, and you’re ranking it as a bottom 5 WM?

On 3/27/2019 at 9:17 AM, DawgX said:

Why take the belt off Asuka?

Seriously, getting rid of the SD Women's Title match just to prop up Charlotte in a match she's not gonna win, anyway was just stupid. 

giphy.gif

Or, worse yet: they may actually have her defend the SD Women's Championship so Becky ends up winning both titles, which is something Russo would do, see: them giving Angle every single belt in TNA.

10 hours ago, pwny said:

That’s a take, for sure.

It’s widely regarded as the best WWE PPV ever, and you’re ranking it as a bottom 5 WM?

There are so many weak points that there's no way it can be considered the best WWE PPV ever.  No denying it had incredible build (that Austin/Rock sitdown with JR is probably the best WM promo that's been done), but it fell flat on execution.  The Tazz/APA vs RTC match is a trainwreck and not in a good way - there are botches left and right from Bull Buchanan and Bradshaw nearly severely injured Val at least twice from being reckless.  Angle/Benoit was good for what it was, a match literally put together on two weeks notice, and was buoyed by the incredible natural chemistry the two had, but in the gamut of Angle/Benoit matches it's on the bottom rung.  Eddie vs Test is Eddie trying in vain to carry Test - who no one cared about because he couldn't get heat (in either direction) to save his life.  Shane vs Vince had an overcooked build - again, buoyed by Vince being a great seller.  In the effort to have Chyna squash Ivory, that match ended up a huge cluster which is hard because Ivory is a phenomenal worker.  TLC - great match.  Taker/Hunter - great match, it actually may be one of my favorite Hunter matches.  And then Rock/Austin just petered out in the final 5-10 minutes.  They took what was a great match - if a shade overdone on excessive use of each others' finishers - and then swerved just for the sake of a swerve.  There comes a point where you just flat out give the crowd what they paid to see, that crowd paid to see Austin go over as the babyface in what was effectively his hometown.  If they wanted/needed to pull an alignment shift and write Rock out so that he could go shoot Scorpion King, they could have done that on the following night's RAW.  From a story-telling perspective of arcs culminating at Mania, this angle was poor.

22 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There are so many weak points that there's no way it can be considered the best WWE PPV ever.  No denying it had incredible build (that Austin/Rock sitdown with JR is probably the best WM promo that's been done), but it fell flat on execution.  The Tazz/APA vs RTC match is a trainwreck and not in a good way - there are botches left and right from Bull Buchanan and Bradshaw nearly severely injured Val at least twice from being reckless.  Angle/Benoit was good for what it was, a match literally put together on two weeks notice, and was buoyed by the incredible natural chemistry the two had, but in the gamut of Angle/Benoit matches it's on the bottom rung.  Eddie vs Test is Eddie trying in vain to carry Test - who no one cared about because he couldn't get heat (in either direction) to save his life.  Shane vs Vince had an overcooked build - again, buoyed by Vince being a great seller.  In the effort to have Chyna squash Ivory, that match ended up a huge cluster which is hard because Ivory is a phenomenal worker.  TLC - great match.  Taker/Hunter - great match, it actually may be one of my favorite Hunter matches.  And then Rock/Austin just petered out in the final 5-10 minutes.  They took what was a great match - if a shade overdone on excessive use of each others' finishers - and then swerved just for the sake of a swerve.  There comes a point where you just flat out give the crowd what they paid to see, that crowd paid to see Austin go over as the babyface in what was effectively his hometown.  If they wanted/needed to pull an alignment shift and write Rock out so that he could go shoot Scorpion King, they could have done that on the following night's RAW.  From a story-telling perspective of arcs culminating at Mania, this angle was poor.

Like I said, that’s a take: 

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Voted #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Voted #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #1 WM

Ranked #2 WM

Ranked #2 WM

9.1 rating on IMDB (the next highest WM rating is 8.2)

The only ranking worse than #2 I was able to find was someone who compiled Meltzer ratings without context of the whole show and still it ranked #9.

Further:

Voted #1 WWE PPV

Voted #1 WWE event

Ranked #1 PPV available on WWE Network

Ranked #1 PPV available on WWE Network

Ranked #1 WWE PPV

Highest IMDB score of any WWE PPV

Quite honestly, ranking it a bottom 5 WM is bordering on insanity.