All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

On 6/5/2018 at 8:28 AM, tom cody said:

Lashley and Zayn should be a fun feud between 2 guys who could be the top stars of RAW going forward. Still that whole stupid segment with Lashley's "sisters" really ruined this feud for me. 

Smiley McGee Lashley is ruining this for me... and his entire return.  And that's not really his fault, it's the fact that Vince thinks that any returning world champion has to be brought back as a babyface and Lashley is just plain not a good babyface.  He'd actually managed to improve his mic work in Impact, it wasn't great by any means but it was good enough to be a credible top heel because it didn't require him to say a whole hell of a lot.  When he's asked to be the babyface you get a ton of what we got on RAW where he takes FOR-EV-ER to get to the point because he's trying to remember line-for-line the script that he memorized and he starts over when he messes up and ends up sounding like Porky Pig.

Sami, it's pretty visible, is trying everything he can to get this feud over and no one, flatly, cares about it.  The "sisters" thing was multiple nails in the coffin because that was ALL Vince - you just know he was backstage guffawing about "they're men in drag, that's hilarious!  And they're getting the crap kicked out of them!"

Also, they're not going to - which is sad because it's the only way I can really see this Nia/Ronda feud being saved - but they really need to flip Nia back heel and have her turn out to be a plant/heavy for Stephanie.  As much as I hate how Stephanie can't hold the mic without burying EVERYONE, she's needed as one person who can string together coherent delivery, because - literally, the scripting in this Nia/Ronda feud has felt exactly like a group of middle-aged men holed themselves up in an office and tried to figure out "how women talk," it's so stereotypical it's plain stupid... and I'm super cereal about that.

58 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Smiley McGee Lashley is ruining this for me... and his entire return.  And that's not really his fault, it's the fact that Vince thinks that any returning world champion has to be brought back as a babyface and Lashley is just plain not a good babyface.  He'd actually managed to improve his mic work in Impact, it wasn't great by any means but it was good enough to be a credible top heel because it didn't require him to say a whole hell of a lot.  When he's asked to be the babyface you get a ton of what we got on RAW where he takes FOR-EV-ER to get to the point because he's trying to remember line-for-line the script that he memorized and he starts over when he messes up and ends up sounding like Porky Pig.

Sami, it's pretty visible, is trying everything he can to get this feud over and no one, flatly, cares about it.  The "sisters" thing was multiple nails in the coffin because that was ALL Vince - you just know he was backstage guffawing about "they're men in drag, that's hilarious!  And they're getting the crap kicked out of them!"

Also, they're not going to - which is sad because it's the only way I can really see this Nia/Ronda feud being saved - but they really need to flip Nia back heel and have her turn out to be a plant/heavy for Stephanie.  As much as I hate how Stephanie can't hold the mic without burying EVERYONE, she's needed as one person who can string together coherent delivery, because - literally, the scripting in this Nia/Ronda feud has felt exactly like a group of middle-aged men holed themselves up in an office and tried to figure out "how women talk," it's so stereotypical it's plain stupid... and I'm super cereal about that.

I don’t understand why pretty much ever my face needs to smile and try to crack jokes and stuff. Why not have a few faces that the older crowd can get behind.

The women’s storyline is very odd. Turning Nia heel after her very last feud her character was about standing up to bullying? Just a complete 180. There’s no way they’ll do this but I have Ronda lose clean so she “ knows what it now takes to be a wwe champ” and down the road looks better and better for her next title opportunity.

The main event for Dominion just ended. Okada vs Omega IV

If you’re a fan of pro wrestling, watch the match. You will see nothing like it anywhere in the world. 

If you want to enjoy pro wrestling more, start watching NJPW, the company is on a whole different level. Watch Okada Omega IV and you’ll be hooked. 

On 6/7/2018 at 3:11 PM, pollino14 said:

I don’t understand why pretty much ever my face needs to smile and try to crack jokes and stuff. Why not have a few faces that the older crowd can get behind.

The women’s storyline is very odd. Turning Nia heel after her very last feud her character was about standing up to bullying? Just a complete 180. There’s no way they’ll do this but I have Ronda lose clean so she “ knows what it now takes to be a wwe champ” and down the road looks better and better for her next title opportunity.

Don't think they'll turn anyone.. I'm guessing cause Carmella just held the contract for almost a year we may see a same night cash in.  Say Ronda gets the arm bar.  Someone nails Ronda with the briefcase then finishes Nia off.  Raw generally doesn't have a lot of actual lady feuds at the moment so this could kick start a couple while protecting Nia and Ronda 

I Don't contribute anything to this thread much but I'm debating with my boy about top wrestlers and I'm adamant about NJPW having better talent than WWE.

My claim is Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll and Kaz Okada are better talents than every WWE guy not named Seth Rollins, AJ Styles or Finn Balor. Am I wrong here?

Youngbucks are also the best tag team on the planet 

8 hours ago, pollino14 said:

The main event for Dominion just ended. Okada vs Omega IV

If you’re a fan of pro wrestling, watch the match. You will see nothing like it anywhere in the world. 

If you want to enjoy pro wrestling more, start watching NJPW, the company is on a whole different level. Watch Okada Omega IV and you’ll be hooked. 

Haha I just came to post something similar. NJPW is on another level and I think WWE is about to loose some more talent.

Especially when NJPW is allowing wrestlers to work with other secondary promotions 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Haha I just came to post something similar. NJPW is on another level and I think WWE is about to loose some more talent.

Especially when NJPW is allowing wrestlers to work with other secondary promotions 

It’s really no contest. New Japan is such a better show.

If WWE wants to sign or resign someone they will, with that Fox deal they have that money to do so.

That being said RAW and SD only have 5 hours between them and there’s already too much talent on that roster. 

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I Don't contribute anything to this thread much but I'm debating with my boy about top wrestlers and I'm adamant about NJPW having better talent than WWE.

My claim is Kenny Omega, Marty Scurll and Kaz Okada are better talents than every WWE guy not named Seth Rollins, AJ Styles or Finn Balor. Am I wrong here?

Youngbucks are also the best tag team on the planet 

I say youre wrong.  AJ is 41 now. So would put Omega Scurll and Okada as FAR better than anyone in WWE. Dont even know why youre mentioning Seth in the mix. When the match gets hot and fast. You cant trust Seth I dont feel. Like a high draft pick that has all the tools but doesnt become elite like expected, I think it comes down to processing speed. And think all these years being developed in the WWE generic style mold has done him no favors in that.

2 things.

Im atm watching Ospreay vs Kushida. Ive said in the past Ospreay had a ways to go with how he sold and storytold in the ring. But thats something I knew he would grow in to. Havent seen him in a year wrestle. But what I see of him currently, hes been learning a whole lot. Happy to see those are aspects he has spent time working on, cause this match hes nailing everything he needs to do right down to the slightest facial expressions perfect.

And....

WWE should throw a ton of money to get Eve Torres back for like a 2 year stretch. And have her wrestle ZSJ style. She trains every day, and teaches classes with the Gracie family. Stick her out there with the ZSJ style for a year, and toss her in Mania with RRR.

Just finished Okada/Omega.

The first 20-25 minutes. I was watching a phenomenal match. Then for me, it sucked me in on an emotional level, to take it too a entire new plateau. Felt like when my Bayou Bengals were down 20-0 to Auburn last year, and came charging back. Had that same 4th quarter feel. Cheering on both guys the rest of the way and lovin it.

I'm watching old wrestling videos from 1999 on You Tube right now, not perfect but better than what we have now. Seems like everyone had a purpose back then and it wasn't just 2 or 3 guys with purpose and everyone else going into circles as we see now. 

Archived