1st Round Draft Talk

KingTitan

47 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Honestly I would not be surprised at all if James Daniels is the Titans pick if they stay at 25. It makes a lot of sense he is extremely athletic, a strong run and pass blocker and due to his movement skills and athleticism perfect for a zone blocking scheme we seem to be moving to. Not to mention he can play either C or G with great versatility.

I know this wouldn't be a sexy pick but would help solidify the O line so it would be much better this coming season and play at the level it needs to. Priority one is protecting Mariota and this guy can do that as well as make space for the RBs. Daniels to me would be a a perfect fit and a great pick.

My prediction is someone who most of us can only dream of falling to 25 will actually be available there.  I'm thinking someone like Davenport, Landry, Vander Esch, etc.  And we'll pass on them as well.  Reid or Daniels seems very much like a Robinson pick although I still won't be surprised if we trade back, out of the first round.  It seems like there are a lot of guys who could go late round 1 all the way to early round 3.  If we get two of those guys by trading down instead of one at 25, I'll be good with that.

I forget the guys name but I caught some of the interview on The Mid Day 180 he’s an analytics guys for something that has the name Sharpe in it. 

Anyway he was pointing out how much of an 11 set personnel the Rams used last year and how bad Marcus’s numbers were in it. Also pointed out the stats of our WRs he targeted in the 11 set and they weren’t pretty.

So if one of the top WRs fell it may not be a surprise if the Titans do go WR at 25. 

I personally hope we don’t go WR in the first round but wouldn’t mind it in the 3rd round 

Unless a QB falls or maybe someone wants to get a jump on Lamar late in the first can't see many options for us to trade back. Hoping to be surprised but expecting we just pick there. 

53 minutes ago, VY said:

Unless a QB falls or maybe someone wants to get a jump on Lamar late in the first can't see many options for us to trade back. Hoping to be surprised but expecting we just pick there. 

If there's a run on OL in front of us(Bills,Lions, Bengals, Patriots, Panthers all have needs there), I could potentially see a team like the Vikings, Giants or maybe the Broncos or Bears leaping up.

Archived