Packers Forum 2018 NFL Draft Discussion (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, chillparsi1 said:

Really think people are being overdramatic here. 3 first rounds picks is nothing to scoff at - and Landry could still be sitting there bottom first.

Let's not mortgage the future - lets just always mortgage winning

Well here's to us losing to the Saints in the NFCC, getting the 30th and 32nd pick next year and we lose because crappy rookie CB Josh Jackson gives up the game winning TD in a 42-49 thriller.

yippie!

I didn't think there was a way that I could be so bummed out, but there is always a way.

I'm shocked. What an idiotic move by Gutekunst. Pretty much sounds like just another version of Ted Thompson. He is focused on team building instead of going all in to get Rodgers some help to win a Super Bowl. It's always "depth, depth, depth" but we have a team full of average to subpar players. All I wanted going into this draft was an impact player on the defensive side of the ball with our 1st rounder and a few promising prospects with later picks.

Like the trade.  Yes great players were available but we just extorted a 1st rounder to move back 13 spots.  Also got them to throw in a 5th which we can use to trade up later on in the draft.  If I was Gute I would have taken that deal too.  To good to pass up.  Surprising that they moved up to take Davenport.  He better be the real deal.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Let's not mortgage the future - lets just always mortgage winning

Lol, thanks for proving the overdramatic bit. Once Fitz came off, I became more okay with this. I still think there's a reason James is falling. 

Archived