Day 2 Draft Discussion Thread

Forge

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Nwosu is a quick-twitch, hyper-athletic ILB - but he's a curious case.   His best skills are pass rush and he's a really good tackler - and he's a see-it, chase-it guy that has the NFL tools to excel in that role.   On the downside, he often makes bad reads, and ironically, even though he's got great speed, he doesn't use it nearly enough.   He doesn't do well in traffic, he's a guy you need to just go chase the ball and have your DL keep him free.   He's projected to be able to rush off the edge too, but I don't know if that's what you guys were looking for.  That would be sick to have an ILB who can bring heat with Bosa/Ingram.   I would have thought you'd get a more cover-ready guy, though.  That's where he needs the most work IMO, although he's clearly got the skills to do it, it's not natural to him yet.

I have to admit, I get why he went, but he's going to need some time to really help IMO.   The tools are there, and when he is on, he can be a huge difference-maker.  His Bowl game vs. OSU, he was literally the guy keeping them in the game with huge stops and pressures on Barrett.     

I'd guess you guys will go DT in Rd3.   I'd think hard about doubling up again on ILB on Day 3, though, given how much improving that would help your near-elite D.

We don't need him to be cover ready immediately. We need him to be good against the run because Kyle Emmanuel isn't very good as a linebacker.

Archived