All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That’s fair. I agree that we have a development guy so if you’re going to draft a QB he has to have something special to develop as a starter.
  3. In hindsight I'd say I rather take a RT - the CBs seem to not seen as good or high valued from the NFL teams as it was from the experts. I just hope that we use both of our young TEs well enough - I don't want to end up with Kyle Pitts 2.0
  4. Exactly. OC Luke Getsy get to work and get these guys the ball please 😀
  5. Saw a tweet with Olu saying the Jets kept it a secret they were interested in him.
  6. Agree with this. It was a surprising pick for me as I think Mayer is going to be superb but it’s a true BPA pick. Having the two super TEs will really be a safety net for a QB. Personally, I would have gone with a #1 CB or a RT but I guess they have some belief in Munford who did flash a little. Who knows, with all the offensive players being taken some great D players will obviously now fall……..
  7. Ah yes, an "injury-prone" player who hasn't been injured in two years!
  8. Mike Wahle loves speed for an O lineman and thinks it is very important - Morgan certainly has that. Beyond that, no surprise we got an O lineman, just a shock which one.
  9. I think Turner is a Ngakoue type player…I think he could easily put up 10 sacks a year and make plenty of splash plays…but also have 3 or 4 plays a game where he is straight up bullied and ends up on the ground giving up a big play…scheme is going to be everything for him.
  10. Bo Nix is in the worst situation. He will be thrown to the wolves behind a crappy O-line on a franchise that has been killing QB's:
  11. I just re-watched the broadcast on YouTube (1.5 speed) and it was very solid. Bill hasn’t drafted well these last handful of years but he’s still the smartest football guy you’ll see on TV. He really lights up when you get him on screen talking football. Also recommend Stroud/Micah going back and forth on B/R. Stroud’s a smart, smart kid.
  12. Here's the thing I don't get about most people that are bugging out - if you agree the position is a position of need, how can you be THAT upset? Do you REALLY believe in your heart of heart you know enough about Bo Nix's decision making, awareness, intelligence, anticipation, etc to write the guy off before he's even played? Sorry to be 'that' guy, but every single person in this forum knows that the answer to that question is "no - I don't know enough". So ... relax! I get that making predictions and giving opinions on prospects is part of the reason you come to forums like this; that said, you don't HAVE to be so definitive and hyperbolic with every opinion. The only exception I will give to this is if you prescribe to @AKRNA way of thinking, which is to build the team and get the QB afterwards. Whilst I don't agree with this approach per se, I do accept that picking the 6th QB in the draft at #12 very much goes against this thinking, thus I get the outrage (kind of ...)
  13. I liked JJ from really early in the draft process…great leader & intangibles…he can make most throws just he wasn’t asked too much…for me he is either the 2nd coming of Alex Smith if it goes well or Mitch Trubisky if it all goes wrong 😂 Still can’t believe NFLN tried to compare him to Stroud as a prospect 😂
  14. This is how the draft works, just keep adding great players to your roster. Raiders usually don't understand value. He'll be a fan favorite when the season starts. A+ draft pick we never see anything like this, its a very strange feeling.
  15. I think the Lions made a good pick no doubt…question marks over long speed but he is a physical CB who fits their profile and the value was good.
  16. I just want to know the thinking behind that pick…their set at LT with Jenkins…do they see him as a RT even with his lack of power? If they see him as guard why take him over Barton? Just a strange one all round IMO
  17. I think people are reacting too hard in a negative way to the picks of Penix and Nix. One I believe front offices may of been higher on them than the media, 2) People say of you could of traded down and got him. The latter I definitely don't believe there were only a handful of trades done with the highest asset being a 2025 third changing hands and the other 4 trades weren't close to that. So if the value isn't there for a trade down staying there and getting your guy makes sense
  18. The thing with Ricky Pearsall is that if Newton would have been gone i think he would be in that group of guys where i feel the value and overall talent is very much equal. This draft has a big group from say 25-50 for me and Pearsall was one of the guys in that group so grabbing him is mostly fine with me. There must be something with Newton to make him drop this far though so i could see him maybe not being on our board because to me he is the one that stands out on the board.
  19. Too soon right now but I'm curious to how the other NFCN forums will respond to this draft and all of the other work Poles has done this offseason. We weren't that far off from being 10-7 rather than 7-10. There should be some good battles in the NFCN this season.
  20. LOL. I would have started the thread in December, but too many people were in their feels over Fields.
  21. Turner is a high upside player. Probably a guy that could be problems down line, I would be surprised if he is great in year 1.
  22. MN got their QB without giving up anything of note. That was frankly lucky. But they didn’t get THEIR qb. They wanted Maye. They settled for JJ. Sometimes those quirks work out, sometimes they don’t. I hope they don’t.
  23. Detroit got a guy who in most drafts would have gone much higher.
  1. Load more activity