Jump to content
AlNFL19

2019 Quarterback Class

Top Quarterbacks in the 2019 NFL Draft Class  

51 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's the best QB so far in the 2019 draft class?

    • Drew Lock, Missouri
      11
    • Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
      4
    • Justin Herbert, Oregon
      10
    • Shea Patterson, Michigan
      4
    • Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
      4
    • Ryan Finley, N.C. State
      1
    • Deondre Francois, Florida State
      3
    • Will Grier, West Virginia
      3
    • Jake Browning, Washington
      1
    • Jacob Eason, Washington
      4
    • Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
      1
    • Jake Bentley, South Carolina
      0
    • Trace McSorley, Penn State
      4
    • Kelly Bryant, Clemson
      0
    • Other
      1


Recommended Posts

Justin Herbert is QB1

Daniel Jones is a close QB2

Deondre Francois could get to that level but he actually needs to earn his starting job back from James Blackmon

Shea Patterson is fun but up until now he's basically been a Manziel type which is a 4th round kind of prospect. He could improve but he needs to show it in the new offense. He also actually has to earn a starting spot still. 

Drew Lock's issues with generating velocity on his throws is a legit issue that will need to improve. The QB1 hype feels lazy. 

Jarrett Stidham could be a Trubisky type that gets overhyped and picked too early because he's seen as "safe" and "checks all the boxes" but really is just an okay QB that won't change your franchise.

Will Grier is old

Ryan Finley is a 6th year senior so I'd be shocked if had isn't too old

Khalil Tate is fun but he might be used as a glorified RB under Sumlin. Hopefully he gets the chance to show what he can do as a QB, we already know he can run. 

Jake Bentley, Nate Stanley, KJ Costello, Dwayne Haskins, and Brian Lewerke are interesting guys that could be "risers" that leave early with a good season. 

Nick Fitzgerald, Clayton Thorson, and Jordan Ta'amu are the seniors that could rise to the top with good seasons 

Justice Hansen is the small school guy to look out for

Easton Stick is the small school guy you've been told to look out for that is really just going to be a career backup

Drew Anderson is the "upside guy" that will draw comparisons to Josh Allen even though he probably wont be starting (Tyree Jackson should be the starter for Buffalo and he has real potential). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Deondre Francois could get to that level but he actually needs to earn his starting job back from James Blackmon

Shouldn't be difficult. Blackmon is terrible. It's a stone-cold lock that Francois is the starter for FSU this upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

@DirtyDez this is the thread for quarterbacks.

Rich man’s Locker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Rich man’s Locker. 

You do realize when you say Jake Locker...anything before or after tends to get negated, right?

(I get he got a ton of college love, but man, that draft class certainly changed the way we look at athletically gifted guys who aren't accurate, and don't have great read/anticipation skills).

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not super excited for this class right now.  We'll see who really emerges and stands out during the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

You do realize when you say Jake Locker...anything before or after tends to get negated, right?

(I get he got a ton of college love, but man, that draft class certainly changed the way we look at athletically gifted guys who aren't accurate, and don't have great read/anticipation skills).

Ruskie is a Titans fan. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Ruskie is a Titans fan. ;)

Well played then. Carry on. 

Edited by Broncofan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Does this look better than the class just drafted? I'd fancy Drew Lock to be better than all of the 2018 top 5.

Edited by Hunter2_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does this look better than the class just drafted? I'd fancy Drew Lock to be better than all of the 2018 top 5.

It's not as good as the 2018 class in my opinion. 

As for Lock, after seeing the pushback that Josh Allen got for his accuracy issues this year, he should have plenty of hate going into next years draft if he throws up another 55% completion rate. If he doesn't, then the draft community as a whole is massively hypocritical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not as good as the 2018 class in my opinion. 

As for Lock, after seeing the pushback that Josh Allen got for his accuracy issues this year, he should have plenty of hate going into next years draft if he throws up another 55% completion rate. If he doesn't, then the draft community as a whole is massively hypocritical. 

Guilty, actually. From what little I've seen of him, I wouldn't have expected the 55% stat. That's not good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trace McSorley?

LOL

No Barkley, Gesicki or Hamilton. That team will take a major step back and McSorley will be an afterthought.

Edited by SteelKing728

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Trace McSorley?

LOL

No Barkley, Gesicki or Hamilton. That team will take a major step back and McSorley will be an afterthought.

The fact that anybody has voted for Trace (and I love Trace as a college player), Shea Patterson, Jake Browning or Ryan Finley should tell you how bad some people are at watching football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the teams that will be looking for a QB next year? It's no longer the usual suspects of Jets, Browns, Cardinals and Bills. Giants maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Classic said:

Who are the teams that will be looking for a QB next year? It's no longer the usual suspects of Jets, Browns, Cardinals and Bills. Giants maybe?

NY Giants
New Orleans Saints
Denver Broncos
Pittsburgh Steelers

Giants, Saints, and Steelers could all be looking for a QB to take over in a season after they draft the QB, but all should start thinking about looking. Same could possibly be said for the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×