Is Winston Moss on his way out of Green Bay

OneTwoSixFive

Yeah, I wouldn't fire the guy or anything over something like this as long as he's still got the ear of his players and is acting appropriately as a coach but I'd definitely re evaluate that "assistant head coach" title and I don't see how he can think this behavior helps him any if he's hoping to get some kind of promotion in the future.

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not getting how HHCD was bad last year. Wasn't great, but through fourteen weeks that was an average starting safety.

I do t think people really think he was bad most of the year but average was a step back this he had a bad year. Some of the appearance of lack of effort at the end of the year kind of accentuated it. 

W. Moss is an A-hole, he has been present for Dom's worst and has been given a inflated title by MM. If he is hurt because he wasn't chosen to be the DC, good cause he sure didn't earn. Makes me question MM's decision making when it comes to coaches he retains and hopeful the new DC isn't putting up with his BS and that's why he is angry.

As for Dix, the more he talks about his money the less I like him, let's see it on the field.

35 minutes ago, Redt said:

W. Moss is an A-hole, he has been present for Dom's worst and has been given a inflated title by MM. If he is hurt because he wasn't chosen to be the DC, good cause he sure didn't earn. Makes me question MM's decision making when it comes to coaches he retains and hopeful the new DC isn't putting up with his BS and that's why he is angry.

As for Dix, the more he talks about his money the less I like him, let's see it on the field.

You honestly think if Moss' frustrations were related to not being DC and he carried himself that way at all times and not just with the media that Mac would keep him around? Come on, Mac would've had him out the door in days.

My best guess is he's heard all of last year that Fackrell is a bust, Biegel is an unknown who is injury prone and Gilbert and Odom shouldn't be on the roster. That continued this offseason and Clay being a moron added fuel to the fire for him. Regardless of what he says the articles are going to question his guys, he'd rather give them nothing worth while then be in their articles.

One thing is for sure, this is a Moss issue with the media. He doesn't act like this around his players nor the coaches. It's 100% naive to think that'd be tolerated.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree with everyone who says this pretty much eliminates him ever from HC contention. DC is probably his ceiling now.

That said I hope our LB are the same a-holes he is. If our D plays as pissed off as Moss looks, look out.

He doesn't even looked pissed off though. Or intense. He just looks like a tired fool.

Football coach is surly, ill mannered, *** hole. Shocked

He behaved like every defensive front 7 coach I've ever had would in front of the media. That is a job that behaves differently from basically any role outside of the military or football coaching from a professional standpoint. It's a character and a flavor that you need on a football team. If you go digging under rocks of every NFL team, you're going to find this sort of behavior. They live in a different world than almost any of us.

With his second awful press conference, Moss almost seems like he's trying to get fired.

He was asked if his attitude and monosyllabic replies had anything to do with him being annoyed at the press (and what they - the press - could do to fix it), and after several seconds of staring into space He replied 'I've got nothing for you'. He is looking like he is toxic within the organisation, at this time.

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

With his second awful press conference, Moss almost seems like he's trying to get fired.

He was asked if his attitude and monosyllabic replies had anything to do with him being annoyed at the press (and what they - the press - could do to fix it), and after several seconds of staring into space He replied 'I've got nothing for you'. He is looking like he is toxic within the organisation, at this time.

I'm sure he responds to McCarthy, Pettine and the players in exactly the same manner.

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

When is the last time a coach was fired for a press conference?  Position coaches are hired and fired for performance.  Moss was "promoted" this off season.  He's not getting fired for this presser.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why this is even a story?    

17 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

When is the last time a coach was fired for a press conference?  Position coaches are hired and fired for performance.  Moss was "promoted" this off season.  He's not getting fired for this presser.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why this is even a story?    

When was the last time you saw such awful press conferences, and in this case, two of them. You might be comfortable with having him around the team, I am not.  As McCarthy has publicly stated, the most important skill a coach can have, is being a good teacher. To be a good teacher you must be a good communicator, end of story.

I maintain (as I did before), that Moss is either gone in a month, or if the Packers soldier on with him (because it is much harder to replace a coach at this time with a competent one - and a new one wouldn't know the system), then I don't see him lasting after the season has ended and the next coach carousel opens.

Archived